• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What's the difference between a E200ML and E240 circa 2005

Guest tomasulu

Guest tomasulu

Looking to buy a late 04 to early 06 E240 but noticed that the E200ML has two extra airbags. You'd think that the E240 will be better spec'd. Does anyone know what's the difference btw the two models other than the engines? What about the plain vanilla E200(k)?

Thanks!

no one?

power wise, E240 is slightly betta.

engine much quiet n smoother, high end is much betta.

but as for E200, consumption is much betta as compared to E240.

if u mainly travel SG roads, i suggest E200 for u n if u travel up north often, E240 is the choice,.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomasulu

no one?

power wise, E240 is slightly betta.

engine much quiet n smoother, high end is much betta.

but as for E200, consumption is much betta as compared to E240.

if u mainly travel SG roads, i suggest E200 for u n if u travel up north often, E240 is the choice,.

Thanks. I understand the difference between the engines... i noticed in some sgcarmart ads that the e200ml has 8 airbags while the e240 has only 6 so i wonder why that is. i thought the e240 would have a higher equipment specs compared to a e200. maybe the e200ML represent a higher spec'd car than the plain vanilla e200 and e240. does anyone know?

Guest east539

ok, for what I know E200K or E200ML is the same, whether it is engine wise or basic specs. As for the "ML", it should be the industrial model code carried forward from FL W210, which also have the "ML" too & for the W211 E200ML, it should be from the first batch production of the Pre-FL model from 2002 to around 2005 - 2006, after that it is all known as E200K. One thing to note is what is your are looking is a Pre-FL model, so the the power is 163HP while the FL one is 184HP.

For your info, unlike E200ML/K, E240 is not using the supercharge Kompressor engine, that is why the "Kompressor" badge is not seen on the boot of E240.

For your questions on the numbers of airbags, standard is 6 airbags, the extra 2 is the rear passenger sidebags located at the doors, those you have to pay for it normally. but at times it will be included when AD is doing some "limited time promotion".

As for specs wise, the only differences is the equipment line, those are Classic(AD not selling), Elegance & Avantgarde, each equipment line come with different basic equipments on board, so it is up to you to choose what you prefer. the most common seen in sg is Elegance & Avantgarde, but there are quite an amount of Classic too(PI selling).

But it doesn't mean E240 should by right have more options or goodies than E200. you should be aware when you are buying it as new, you can always opt for full options, like the comand GPS/Navigate System, Airmatic suspension, AMG options, Screen in the rear, HK Logic7 surround system & many more. so when you are out there sourcing for a Pre-love unit, remember to check & compare all the equipments & options extras that is included with the car from various dealers, you might get lucky with a full options unit.

Equipment Lines

w211.jpg

Guest tomasulu

thanks, that cleared things up for me. i just put down a deposit for an '05 e240, elegance trim. wish i had a merc shifu to go with car shopping with me.

another question if you don't mind, in my car there is a telephone icon on the steering and a phone numerical pad on the dash. the dealer doesn't seem to know, is that like a bluetooth option?

Guest angela

thanks, that cleared things up for me. i just put down a deposit for an '05 e240, elegance trim. wish i had a merc shifu to go with car shopping with me.

another question if you don't mind, in my car there is a telephone icon on the steering and a phone numerical pad on the dash. the dealer doesn't seem to know, is that like a bluetooth option?

the icon and pad comes with the car, the design is like that.

as for the feature, it depends on whether the first buyer took that option when he ordered the car. even with the pad and button on the wheel, it does not mean that feature is installed.

Guest tomasulu

as for the feature, it depends on whether the first buyer took that option when he ordered the car. even with the pad and button on the wheel, it does not mean that feature is installed.

i never had a merc before... having said that, for mb to fit a numerical pad & phone icon button that do nothing sounds like a really silly idea to me.

is that a c&c thingie?

Guest east539

no, not really a C&C issue. this BT function is an extra option(chargeable) previously, in fact C&C only recently include the bluetooth to outgoing W211. all the while from Pre-FL until even FL models from 2006 to early 2008 doesn't come with it.

Guest angela

i never had a merc before... having said that, for mb to fit a numerical pad & phone icon button that do nothing sounds like a really silly idea to me.

is that a c&c thingie?

well ok, lets do a comparision...

in the latest honda civic, pre FL, if you take the 1.6 or 1.8, it doesnt come with some options,

so 1 side of the steering wheel has no buttons on it.

honda_civic_coupe_dx_5_spd_mt_2008_interior_steeringwheel.jpg

if u take the 2.0, it comes with buttons on both side.

honda_civic_coupe_dx_5_spd_at_2009_interior_steeringwheel.jpg

now would u like ur MB to come with just buttons on 1 side?

heres a better comparison. look at the buttons at the bottom of the front centre console where the hazard light switch is.

mercedes_benz_e_class_e320_bluetec_sedan_2009_dashboard_dashboard.jpg

notice the buttons on the far left and right, they're the switches for ventilated / heated seats. in our local models this dun come stock unless with the AMG models. so its left blank. i find the blank buttons rather hard to stomach for my merc, and i rather they replaced it with non working buttons, instead of leaving an array of blank finishing to it...

just my 2 cents worth...

enjoy ur new ride. kitt-smiley-front.gif

Guest kepiting1sg

is that a c&c thingie?

My FL W211 came with the Audio 20 which U probably has in your E240.

My boss 2004 E240 also came with the same thing - no BT or telephony! :banghead:

Guest tomasulu

thanks guys.

willy, i see your point about blanking out the buttons. it'd really look weird on the w211 since the numerical pad is so prominent on the dash. i still think it is not ideal to have non-working buttons... the designers could have come up with another layout for those w'out the bt option. or leave the bt interface hidden elsewhere.

not sure if you guys can see this pic taken of my car - http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/large_photo.php?L=&DC=500&CC=56461&PN=3

is there a way to tell from the buttons if they are dummies?

Guest angela

the numerical pad are not dummy buttons! they're for the usuage of your radio... press and hold to preset ur channels and press the number in cd mode to choose ur cd number...