• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GB - Xenon Slim HID Kit

Guest turismo

Guest arsenal

Greetings,

I think you guys should give Amy @ 91933990 (local slim ballast HID kits supplier which I bought mine @$100.00 from her) a ring to find out any discount on GB.

The slim ballast HID (4300k) on my W204 C200k so fast so good and no error code at all. For those with W204 who want to convert low beams to xenons got to be H7 and I think 4300k has the best lumen output.

Sometime cheapo mod can be extremely effective.......blackmerc say one. :iconsalut:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest turismo

Greetings,

I think you guys should give Amy @ 91933990 (local slim ballast HID kits supplier which I bought mine @$100.00 from her) a ring to find out any discount on GB.

The slim ballast HID (4300k) on my W204 C200k so fast so good and no error code at all. For those with W204 who want to convert low beams to xenons got to be H7 and I think 4300k has the best lumen output.

Sometime cheapo mod can be extremely effective.......blackmerc say one. :iconsalut:

I try asking AMy for GB but her price quite standard leh... Anyway she ran out of H11 so there is why we are sourcing else where

Guest turismo

can help to confirm if these can really use for w211 fog lights & smaller eyes lights?

Should not be a problem maybe uncle Batam can confirm.... :iconsalut:

Anyway I will be shipping in some error cancellor just in case it fail

Guest kepiting1sg

can help to confirm if these can really use for w211 fog lights & smaller eyes lights?

IMHCCBO....hehehee!....I used cheapo H11 8000k HID for my W211 fogs cos I dun turn them on so often.

Small eyes lights - No sir! No HIDs, but U can use the stock white LEDs available on the w211 advantgarde.

I m joining this group buy for my Prado Jeep ride in Pleasure Island.

BTW I've screwed up my Prado Jeep headlamps after 4 years of use with Korean HIDs.

The gasing effect from "cheapo" HIDs can destroy the reflective linings on the lamps after prolong usage.

Just changed the headlamps on the Prado Jeep last week.

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear All,

I've nothing against cheapo HIDs!

I am all for not spending big $$$!

Please read this

http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischarge/index.htm

Outgassing is gases given off by the lamps materials and coatings that discolour the reflective surfaces of your headllights

I am not implying all cheapo HIDs will have this effect.

I've used Korean HIDs when they used to cost an arm & leg on my Prado Jeep 4 years ago.

Many months back, I read about this and I checked my headlamps on my Prado.

Yes! The reflecting lining on the lamps near to the bulbs are all corroded.

I just changed a new pair of headlamps on the Prado Jeep last week.

I am still buying these "cheapo" HIDs in this group buy for my Prado Jeep.

I will be replacing this Jeep probably in a year or 2.

I am using "cheapo" H11 8000k HIDs for my W211 fog (cos I dun turn them on so often - they make nite looks like day)

I used Philips H7 6000k HIDs set for my High Beams

I used Philips D1S HIDs 6000k bulbs for my Main Bi-Xenons

My Rp1 worth of comments!

Please dun runaway from this group buy as if got HIV...not HID....hehehehe

The choice is yours!

Guest kepiting1sg

I would like to buy HID for my hi and low beam but totally no knowledge at all

can anyone advice?

My car is w204 C200 and currently I'm just using those Philip Bulb that is whiter in color.

but the problem with this white bulb is it does not has the projection power compare to the original yellow light.

What I want is projection power + whiter color (no need super white, just as long as its not yellow color)

and most important is how much is how much is the installation?

and its it safe, and no warning lights will appear?

sorry for so many questions

can anyone pls advice?

Dear Bro Morgan,

I hope this link will be able to answer all your Qs if not more.

The 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Gas Discharge Lighting

http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischarge/faq1to5centre.htm

Guest turismo

Hi guys,

Not sure anyone interested in this "cheapo HID mod". I manage to contact a supplier with the help of a good friend on the Slim HID Kit that bro BlackMerc and a few other bros have on thier ride. The supplier agree to give us a "GOOD" price of $80 or below (depending on quatity) with shipping charges. Is at least a $20 saving per set. Although is not much.....

GB to end on 10th August

Last updated : 30/7/2009

Product Description

Specifications:

1. Input voltage: 9 to 12V

2. Input current: 3.5A

3. Output power: 35W

4. Lifetime: 3,000 to 4,000 hours

5. Working temperature: -40 C to +105 C

6. Color temperature: 4300K, 5000K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, 12000K, Blue, Purple, Golden yellow, Pink.

7. Types: H1, H3, H4L, H13 Bixenon, H4 moving, H7, H9, H11, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9004bixenon, 9007bixenon, D2S, D2R/C .

Advantages:

1. Applicable for any original halogen system

2. warded with CE certifications

3. Shock and water-resistant design, short-circuit and open-circuit protections

4. Computer-controlled ballast with safety shutdown, polarity and overload protection

5. Wider and clear vision in bad weather such as heavy rain or fog

6. Off-road tested and two years warranty

7. More high-class box with 2 layers

Bro Blackmerc,

Sorry to borrow your posting

Please refer to the link: http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3987.0

Delivery is about a week once order is confirm:

For thos interested please state the following:

Nick Bulb Type(H4,H7,H11 etc) Temp(4300K, 5000K, 6000K etc)

1) turismo 1 x H7 & 1 x H11 8000k

2) Cerano 1 x H7 & 1 x H11 6000k

3) Kepiting1sg 1 x H4 Bi Xeon, 1 x 9006, 1 x H1 6000k,8000k,6000k

4) bumblebee 1 x H11 6000k

5) mbc230avg 1x H7 6000k

Guest arsenal

Dear All,

I've nothing against cheapo HIDs!

I am all for not spending big $$$!

Please read this

http://www.autolamps-online.com/gasdischarge/index.htm

Outgassing is gases given off by the lamps materials and coatings that discolour the reflective surfaces of your headllights

I am not implying all cheapo HIDs will have this effect.

I've used Korean HIDs when they used to cost an arm & leg on my Prado Jeep 4 years ago.

Many months back, I read about this and I checked my headlamps on my Prado.

Yes! The reflecting lining on the lamps near to the bulbs are all corroded.

I just changed a new pair of headlamps on the Prado Jeep last week.

I am still buying these "cheapo" HIDs in this group buy for my Prado Jeep.

I will be replacing this Jeep probably in a year or 2.

I am using "cheapo" H11 8000k HIDs for my W211 fog (cos I dun turn them on so often - they make nite looks like day)

My Rp1 worth of comments!

Please dun runaway from this group buy as if got HIV...not HID....hehehehe

The choice is yours!

Agree, all coating/metal materials will subject to corrosion.

The question is even my 3 years old original Golf GTI bi-xenons headlamps light reflector also discolor plus minor corrosion.

I remember when I bought my E39 during 2001 from PML its headlamps/rearlamps come with amber indicator so I top-up $$$ and change to clear indicator type.

After 3-1/2 years of ownership I sold it togther with the unused headlamps/rearlamps with amber indicator guess what.... all the projector headlamps light reflector was corroded. Even the clear indicator headlamps light reflector also corroded with after market branded Hella HID kits installed.

In this case, I will go for cheapo HID instead because outcome still the same. However, after market HID conversion kits on the halogen projector headlamp won't give you the same (best) light output pattern as compared to original xenon or bi-xenons headlamps due to the light reflector (deflector) design is different for xenon and Halogen. The bonus is after market HIDs conversion confirms better the halogen light output.

As for the thermal issue can always work it out the wattage and tell which (halogen or HID) is generating more heat and causes the reflector coating to deteriorate over times......paiseh this line I say one don't know tio or salah.

Guest kepiting1sg

I will let you guys know probably in years time how the Philips perform on my W211

and how the "cheapo" perform on my Prado new headlamps, fog & rally lamps.........hehehehehe!!!! :pray:

BTW I've previously installed "cheapo" ($S170+) D1S Xenon bulbs (tried both 6000k & 8000k) on my W211 Bi-Xenon lamps.

The light output and the color of the current Philips D1S (S$500+) 6000k on my Bi-Xenon IMHO is worth very single cent without regret. ;D

Guest mb8778

Hi guys,

Not sure anyone interested in this "cheapo HID mod". I manage to contact a supplier with the help of a good friend on the Slim HID Kit that bro BlackMerc and a few other bros have on thier ride. The supplier agree to give us a "GOOD" price of $80 or below (depending on quatity) with shipping charges. Is at least a $20 saving per set. Although is not much.....

GB to end on 10th August

Last updated : 30/7/2009

Product Description

Specifications:

1. Input voltage: 9 to 12V

2. Input current: 3.5A

3. Output power: 35W

4. Lifetime: 3,000 to 4,000 hours

5. Working temperature: -40 C to +105 C

6. Color temperature: 4300K, 5000K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, 12000K, Blue, Purple, Golden yellow, Pink.

7. Types: H1, H3, H4L, H13 Bixenon, H4 moving, H7, H9, H11, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9004bixenon, 9007bixenon, D2S, D2R/C .

Advantages:

1. Applicable for any original halogen system

2. warded with CE certifications

3. Shock and water-resistant design, short-circuit and open-circuit protections

4. Computer-controlled ballast with safety shutdown, polarity and overload protection

5. Wider and clear vision in bad weather such as heavy rain or fog

6. Off-road tested and two years warranty

7. More high-class box with 2 layers

Bro Blackmerc,

Sorry to borrow your posting

Please refer to the link: http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3987.0

Delivery is about a week once order is confirm:

5) mbc230avg 1x H7 6000k

6)mb8778 1xH7 6000k

Guest turismo

Hi Guys,

I have just made the payment to the supplier. Hopefully we will receive the shipment by end of this week or early next week. Once I receive the goods, I will call you guys to arrange for collection.

5) mbc230avg 1x H7 6000k

6)mb8778 1xH7 6000k

Guest kepiting1sg

No problem guys. Anyway I am still sourcing for an installer. Any bro any recommendation?

We used to go to Darren Auto @ Toh Guan East.

He charges $50 or less for instal.

My buy this time is for my Prado Jeep in Batam Island - Will be a D.I.Y job for me. :banghead:

Guest turismo

UPDATE

Good News.

I just receive a call from UPS that the shipment has arrive and they will be delivering the goods later :clap:

Bad News

We need to pay for GST for this shipment....

Very paiseh, I think is an oversight from me.

:2guns:

Anyway the pricing with GST will be

1) $80 x 7% = $85 - Normal Kit

2) $100 x 7% = $107 - Bi-xeon

I will be paying for the GST first when UPS deliver the goods. So will arrange for with you guys for collection once I check that everything is OK.

Stay tune.....

Guest projectsg

UPDATE

Good News.

I just receive a call from UPS that the shipment has arrive and they will be delivering the goods later :clap:

Bad News

We need to pay for GST for this shipment....

Very paiseh, I think is an oversight from me.

:2guns:

Anyway the pricing with GST will be

1) $80 x 7% = $85 - Normal Kit

2) $100 x 7% = $107 - Bi-xeon

I will be paying for the GST first when UPS deliver the goods. So will arrange for with you guys for collection once I check that everything is OK.

Stay tune.....

Hi Turismo,

Thanks in adv for all that you done :iconsalut:

Cheers.

Guest turismo

Hi guys,

I have check thur' the kit. It seem ok to me. Now time to arrange for collection. A few alternatives

1) This Saturday Night Late Night Meet-up @ SengKang after 9pm (maybe we can have mini east side as well) :3some:

2) Weekdays Night after 10pm (Punggol)

3) Weekdays Night from 8pm-10pm (AMK)

4) SMS me to arrange

Sorry for not catering for bro living in the west.... >:(

State your perference

1) Cerano 1 x H7 & 1 x H11 6000k

2) Kepiting1sg 1 x H4 Bi Xeon, 1 x 9006, 1 x H1 6000k,8000k,6000k

3) bumblebee 1 x H11 6000k

4) mbc230avg 1x H7 6000k

5)mb8778 1xH7 6000k

Guest projectsg

Hi guys,

I have check thur' the kit. It seem ok to me. Now time to arrange for collection. A few alternatives

1) This Saturday Night Late Night Meet-up @ SengKang after 9pm (maybe we can have mini east side as well) :3some:

2) Weekdays Night after 10pm (Punggol)

3) Weekdays Night from 8pm-10pm (AMK)

4) SMS me to arrange

Sorry for not catering for bro living in the west.... >:(

State your perference

1) Cerano 1 x H7 & 1 x H11 6000k

2) Kepiting1sg 1 x H4 Bi Xeon, 1 x 9006, 1 x H1 6000k,8000k,6000k

3) bumblebee 1 x H11 6000k

4) mbc230avg 1x H7 6000k

5)mb8778 1xH7 6000k

Hi Turismo,

You have a workshop in mind? I need to install it anyway, probably we could do it together?

Regards,

Roy

Guest turismo

I just installed mine late last evening (hand-itch) after such a long wait. Anyway I got mine installed by a workshop at AMK, it was introduce to me by a friend, but the price is close to $100 which I think I kenna "chop carrot" :banghead:

I think some of the bro here done their installation at Darran Auto (reasonably priced). I don't mind meeting you there for the installation.

How about this coming Saturday morning? Any other bro wanna join?

Guest kepiting1sg

I just installed mine late last evening (hand-itch) after such a long wait. Anyway I got mine installed by a workshop at AMK, it was introduce to me by a friend, but the price is close to $100 which I think I kenna "chop carrot" :banghead:

I think some of the bro here done their installation at Darran Auto (reasonably priced). I don't mind meeting you there for the installation.

Hi Jackson,

Total payment due = $85 + $85 + $107 = $277

I will call U for collection!

or + 62 811 777772

Kum Xia!

I might go kay poh at Darren this Saturday if got enough kakies.

I know the boss Jack Seah - Unker help nego...hehehe!

(My HIDs are for DIYing my ride in Batam Island)

Guest projectsg

Hi Jackson,

Total payment due = $85 + $85 + $107 = $277

I will call U for collection!

or + 62 811 777772

Kum Xia!

I might go kay poh at Darren this Saturday if got enough kakies.

I know the boss Jack Seah - Unker help nego...hehehe!

(My HIDs are for DIYing my ride in Batam Island)

Hi Unker and Tursimo,

I'm in for the installation. After 9.30am, will be sending mother to the market. Hope to hear from you guys soon, look forward as this is my first meetup.

Cheers,

Roy