• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to reduce tires noise on C180 bluefficien?

Guest jimtonic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jimtonic

change tire? probably it won't affect much since the stock CTC3 is pretty good for road noise.. others are worse

i hv no choice, the ones im using now is Dunlop SP fm factory, which believed to be the best of its class in lowest noise!!!...will the engine noise become more prominent if i improved the sound insulation on the wheel arches? anyone can reckon reliable workshop to do tis job?

Guest Cerano

change tire? probably it won't affect much since the stock CTC3 is pretty good for road noise.. others are worse

i hv no choice, the ones im using now is Dunlop SP fm factory, which believed to be the best of its class in lowest noise!!!...will the engine noise become more prominent if i improved the sound insulation on the wheel arches? anyone can reckon reliable workshop to do tis job?

bro

ive spoken to bro morganoh on soundproofing. he say he spent 3k on it still not very good.

same la we all experience road noise quite loud. C-Class soundproofing isnt super.

Guest jimtonic

bro

ive spoken to bro morganoh on soundproofing. he say he spent 3k on it still not very good.

same la we all experience road noise quite loud. C-Class soundproofing isnt super.

=i noticed C&C at pandan do most of general works except SOUND INSULATION, so i think probaly its not a aftersale service or job which normal ah ter or ah gou can do it. i better stick to the orginal spec then or upgrade its class. thk bros.

Guest jimtonic

CTC3 is good for low tyre noise ..

btw, do come to the GTG this 26th Jul to learn more about your ride.. :)

=====Enligten me, what does GTG means? got full addy so tat i dun hv to tour ard the island. thks

Guest east539

=====Enligten me, what does GTG means? got full addy so tat i dun hv to tour ard the island. thks

Get Together lah, mean all kakis come meet meet once a month & do....... :censored: :censored:

Guest jimtonic

I think you would have to wait for another few month for your tires to reduce noise..........

===thks am aware of that too as most conti tyres are made for their climate which has lower tempt than ours. i think the michellin new LC wld best fit our climate here.

Drive in the rain..........

Guest jimtonic

hey jim,

i noticed most of your response are being "quoted"

you should reply below the QUOTE box... hehe

WALAU,, u spied me?,,,well am pretty new and nerdy here,,duno wher to click on, the QUOTE or REPLY?,,,