• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"Oven" smell when car is rev beyond 3,500rpm.

Guest ratsgoh

Guest ratsgoh

Hi bros,

Anyone experienced an "oven" smell sipping thru the aircon when the Bs is being rev beyond 3,500rpm? My car is already 2 months plus old, done 5,000km and I still have this problem.. I send my car in for checks at C&C and they told me could be the mis-alignment of the air valve as I also have aircon markings on my windscreen as well. Now that they adjusted it, the aircon mark is less evident but the oven smell is still strong until I damn paiseh to rev even beyond 3krpm when my frens are taking a ride :(

Sianzz...

James

Guest rmjunior

Hi James

Once in a while, I will rev above 3,500rpm, but do not have the smell that you mentioned.

If you get the smell everytime you rev above 3,500rpm, suggest you bring it to C&C, drive it with the service advisor and rev above 3.5k, let him smell so that he can pinpoint the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siyonglim

Hi,

The smell came from the engine as the rpm reaches around 3500, it usually got this problem and it's quite common among cars. The higher the rpm, the greater the combustion of the engine to cause it to run. After a while, the smell should go away when you are driving on high rpm. I got this problem but was told by the workshop, it is common.

it's certainly not common among cars, at least not on my previous korean and jap rides. I've the same problem with my current A170. The smell only came on the 1st hard acceleration (it's stronger and longer if hit 5-6k rpm) but not on subsequent hard accelerations. C&C is looking into the fault, hopefully they can resolve it.

Guest ratsgoh

The smell is considered "concentrated" and it lingers for a long while inside the cabin. I am sure cars dun work this way.. not at least my previous A190 or Hyundai Sonata! haiz...

Guest knighthunter

I have this problem as well. I checked the seal of the air con filter and the filter itself it still okay. But everytime I cheong the car this smell comes out. Not as bad as before but still happen. Damn irritating.

C&C changed the air con regulator, claimed overheating. Didn't really understand how it works, supposedly to regulate the air flow. There is no more smell if rev up to ~4k rpm, but not when it hits above 5k rpm. The smell is not strong as before. What I don't get it is it only happens on the first hard acceleration. Will just have to bear with it for now, sigh.

I'm on "C" mode. Depend how you step the pedal, you can easily hit >5k rpm. The adviser is quite confident that the technician has rectified the problem. They're not wrong as the smell can only be detected at higher rpm. At least for now, keep to 4k rpm with friends in the car, it works perfectly normal.