• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Some technical question

Guest jinko

Guest jinko

Hi all,

Is it true that when opening the top for slk, the car needs to be at a very slow speed before the roof can be opened ? And the car has to come at a complete stop before closing the top ?

I can foresee a disaster if you guys are driving and it started pouring...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sareve

This is true, the car has to be almost immobile in order to do anything to the roof. I've become quite good at predicting the weather and in the case that I fail, I just pull over to the side with the motorcyclists and close the top. Rain's the least of your worries trust me, bird shit is the worst! My rear speakers are stained with it and I can't quite seem to clean it out of the tiny holes :(

Guest stealth123

This is true, the car has to be almost immobile in order to do anything to the roof. I've become quite good at predicting the weather and in the case that I fail, I just pull over to the side with the motorcyclists and close the top. Rain's the least of your worries trust me, bird shit is the worst! My rear speakers are stained with it and I can't quite seem to clean it out of the tiny holes :(

yeah hor... never thought about bird shit before....

Guest redhood

Tree branches, flying stones, n spit from lorry drivers also.

The good news is that the SLK cockpit is quite small. So either the bird is lucky or u are unlucky. I'v driver into a drizzle before. U won't get too much water until u stop. Manageable except for the stares n sniggers that u can't hear but can almost feel.

Smart top allows for operating the roof while the car is in motion, but I wouldn't recommend it. I think our roof is pretty heavy n it would put quite a strain on the mechanism if it needs to do the gymnastics n deal with wind resistance n a wobbling platform. I'll just stop n cover up n move off, just like how the guy in the ad does it.

Guest stealth123

Tree branches, flying stones, n spit from lorry drivers also.

The good news is that the SLK cockpit is quite small. So either the bird is lucky or u are unlucky. I'v driver into a drizzle before. U won't get too much water until u stop. Manageable except for the stares n sniggers that u can't hear but can almost feel.

Smart top allows for operating the roof while the car is in motion, but I wouldn't recommend it. I think our roof is pretty heavy n it would put quite a strain on the mechanism if it needs to do the gymnastics n deal with wind resistance n a wobbling platform. I'll just stop n cover up n move off, just like how the guy in the ad does it.

wah loozzzz... super stylo leh this video..... *LOL* :)