• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C200 and C230 Supercharger

Guest nismo502

Guest nismo502

I just installed C230 Supercharger in my w203 C200. There is a marked improvement. Low end is more responsive and high end is much better. Thats even before I get it tuned!

Now, before installing it, I had it place side by side with my original C200 supercharger, the only difference that I note is the pulley size and I suspect that's the only difference.

Do you know if that is true? Are there any other difference that you know of?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ACSLK

Hi nismo502,

you are 200 percent right, the pulley size is different only............

what tuning are you going to do? Kleemann?

Happy modding man................

cheers

Guest nismo502

Hi nismo502,

you are 200 percent right, the pulley size is different only............

what tuning are you going to do? Kleemann?

Happy modding man................

cheers

Oh my god, I must be quite silly then? I changed the entire supercharger just for the pulley? Wouldnt I be better off just buying a kleeman kit?

hmm...then why would some change C230 supercharger with the kleeman kit?

I am going to get someone to do dimsport ecu tuning to get the fuel map right with the increased boost. Posted it before :)

Guest icebox

I'm sure the C230 supercharger pulley size is smaller than the one on C200, that will make the supercharger to spin faster and thus generate more boost. Kleemann kit comes with bigger clank pulley and if used together with smaller supercharger pulley, they will boost even higher and generate more power when tune properly.

Guest ACSLK

Hi nismo502,

the stock SC pulley can be modified but of course get the actual C230 SC better.....the pulley is a different from pulley from Kleemann Boost Kit Pulley.......(Kleemann one is a light-weight bigger crank pulley)

If budget allows of course it will be good to install the Kleemann Boost Kit (consist of a light-weight bigger crank pulley, K&N air-filter, 5 bar fuel regulator (our stock is 3 bar), and the most important K-Box piggy bag system to tune the stock ECU).........

yes the ECU tuning is a must otherwise with higher boost but your ECU is not reading it then it is no point installing it.........(hope you know what i mean)

i've installed the Kleemann Boost Kit, Kleemann Headers, Kleemann down-pipe and AMG Quad Exhaust and C230 SC as well so overall combi respone is (Shiok) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Happy modding..............

cheers

Guest nismo502

I'm sure the C230 supercharger pulley size is smaller than the one on C200, that will make the supercharger to spin faster and thus generate more boost. Kleemann kit comes with bigger clank pulley and if used together with smaller supercharger pulley, they will boost even higher and generate more power when tune properly.

ahh....Kleeman is a bigger crank pulley, that make sense now. Thanks.

Btw, does anyone knows what the k-box does? Last I know, it taps into MAF sensor signal, so by right it adjust AF ratio only. I wonder if it makes any changes to ignition timing and ECU boost map since it does not tap into any other signal to the ECU.