• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

sigh... iphone integration kit

Guest toledosun

Guest toledosun

Just collected my car and was looking for practical add ons. Came across the iphone integration kit and was pretty excited since both my wife and I use the iphone. I was even happier when told that the cost, plus installation was only $900, as compared to the $1200 for the ipod integration kit.

Now, I'm told that the kit doesn't allow for control through the steering wheel multi function control. Frankly, if that's the case, not sure what the kit does for $900 :banghead: :banghead:

Just thought I'll post this in case other iphone users get the same bright idea.

Anyway, here's the link

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/25/mercedes-rolls-out-iphone-integration/

http://www.benzinsider.com/2008/06/new-mercedes-benz-cradle-allows-easy-iphone-integration/ ???

Perhaps I should write in to Mercedes to curse and swear, since those weblinks suggest that it does connect...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest stealth123

Hi Toledosun,

Just read through the links - it's just kinda strange that MB would design something that is so useless. *LOL*

Was it C&C who confirmed that we cant control the phone from the steering wheel buttons?

I've also been looking out for an interface for my iPhone and have been looking for the iPod integration kit.

I noticed that the iPod integration kit actually sells much cheaper online - saw this ebay seller selling it for USD500 (and it looks quite original).

The part I am not sure is - whether the installation part was going to be difficult... or if it would cost a bomb to have in installed by someone else.

Guest toledosun

that's what I was told but if you look at the articles on the internet, they suggest that you can control through the steering wheel, plus play music etc. That would be a much cheaper and better option than sticking our iphone in the glove compartment.

Anybody knows the contact in Germany to write to? Perhaps we can write in ourselves and ask.

Guest bbwannabe

my guess is that they installed a set locally made by contractors. many bluetooth sets i have seen are local sets. not engineered by merc at all.

they don't even integrate into the system at all. usually having buttons on the unit itself for controls.