• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

thinking of a transplant

Guest eokh

Guest eokh

yo all

no lah !! not organ transplant

the truth is .... my W124 interior is in very sorry condition

leather all torn up everywhere

saw quite a few good condition cars that had been scrapped in propel, pending export/disassembly

am tinking of buying over an entire set of interior panels, seats and carpets to transplant into my own.

any bros / sis done this before ?? any issues that you faced ??

also ... am eyeing a W210 5sp transmission

anyone tried transplanting it into a W124 before ??

any kind advise for this poor sod ??

thanks in adv !!!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

yo all

no lah !! not organ transplant

the truth is .... my W124 interior is in very sorry condition

leather all torn up everywhere

saw quite a few good condition cars that had been scrapped in propel, pending export/disassembly

am tinking of buying over an entire set of interior panels, seats and carpets to transplant into my own.

any bros / sis done this before ?? any issues that you faced ??

also ... am eyeing a W210 5sp transmission

anyone tried transplanting it into a W124 before ??

any kind advise for this poor sod ??

thanks in adv !!!!!

Did that to my previous 1991 W124 with Zebrano wood to MasterPiece interior

Change the whole dashboard, center console with wooden slide panel, all door panels, A-pillars, seats.

All parts from Propel and their recommended workshop did the transplant. $3K+ total - (7 years ago )

• 2 weeks later...

a 5 speed box is not a direct bolt on type of transplant for W124. its not worth the hassle to do it and our 4 speed boxes r much more tougher

i know the 4# is tougher

just that the higher rpm due to the gear ratios is making the car damn noisy at high speeds.

the last i remembered a car this noisy was my ex EG9 running on 4.9 final drive ... the RPM at 100kmh was more than 4000 rpm if i remembered correctly