• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 - How to Open-up or Remove the Back Speakers Area??

Guest c180g

Guest c180g

Recently on my new C180 I noticed soft rattling noise coming from the back speakers area. This happens when my car goes over bumpy roads.

I think something is loose inside. Tried to take a look from the boot but is impossible to open-up from there. I cannot even see under the speakers.

Anyone knows how to open up the area and take a look inside what is causing the rattling noise? Pls help. :)

Thank you.

Guest xuexun

rattling noise??

mine had that too.. from the rear right side. C&C took 1 month to find and fix the problem. Was told some valve and axle problem.... Initially i also thought it came from the rear radio.

Guest Clear Vision

Mine have some noise when taking corners....even at normal speed.

Open up boot, lift up the carpet (where you can see the spare tire)

Try tighten the Plastic Cap turning Clockwise that secure the "spare tools/jack".

Realise mine was very loose, after tighten seems ok now.

Is the Big Plastic that hold the Tools/jack....

Cheers!!!

Guest c180g

wow so many people got this problem too!

i think that my noise seems to be coming from the speakers... cos when i tried to hit the left speakers from the back boot area, i could hear the rattling noise. When i hit on the right side no rattling noise. so i think some screws are loose inside the speakers. hence the noise when driving over bumpy road.

so i am thinking if i could just open up the back speakers panel then i can easily rectify this noise.

Guest c180g

rattling noise??

mine had that too.. from the rear right side. C&C took 1 month to find and fix the problem. Was told some valve and axle problem.... Initially i also thought it came from the rear radio.

1 month to get it fix? need to leave car there for 1 month? how long did you actually leave your car over night at C&C?

i was told they may need a few days to check. but i need my car everyday! even 1 day would be a problem for me. unless they can provide me with a complimentary car to use. :) anyone got complimentary car to use while your new c-class being repaired?

Guest xuexun

yes, 1 month in and out but not all the way.

Week 1, Monday bring in, Friday took back.

Week 2, again Monday bring in, Friday took back.

Week 3, send in on Wednesday

Week 4, Got back on Wednesday

Quite fustrating! On the brink of wanting to ask for a new car already.

requested for loan car the 2nd time and 3rd time i send in.

Guest c180g

wah!! this is so scary!! took so long to repair!!

i think i will just leave with the rattling sound. so sad... new car got this kind of problem and also C&C cannot do a good job repairing.

Guest heavenknows

Wah... so terok ah?? So how?? In the mean time go replacement car?

Guest redhood

Noises are difficult problem to fix, since diagnostics can't pin point the problem. It is really trial n error.

My experience with C&C is that u have to request for a courtesy car way ahead of time. Might have to wait abt 2-3 weeks before one is available for u. So, the required repair must not be urgent, otherwise, be prepared to pay taxi bills. However, my svc advisor is always in a rush to return car to me. They usually try to fix the problem as quickly as they can, provided urs is a CnC car.

Guest c180g

Noises are difficult problem to fix, since diagnostics can't pin point the problem. It is really trial n error.

My experience with C&C is that u have to request for a courtesy car way ahead of time. Might have to wait abt 2-3 weeks before one is available for u. So, the required repair must not be urgent, otherwise, be prepared to pay taxi bills. However, my svc advisor is always in a rush to return car to me. They usually try to fix the problem as quickly as they can, provided urs is a CnC car.

mine is a C&C car. tested the rattling noise, it really comes from the back speakers area. just dont know how to open up that area myself.

anybody knows how to open up that area??