• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

another great svc from MBM

Guest redbell

Guest redbell

i help a friend to jump start his car yesterday. when i reach home rest awhile ready to go out again. i realise i cant start my car now. my batt was totally flat... so how? it's a GF. i can't do anything. so i buzz Kelvin from MBM. he gave me his staff's no. and ask me to call him. so i did.

this morning, his staff joe came and had my car batt replaced. the best thing is, i dun hv my hse key with me so i throw to him from my window.... hahahaha... aft an hr, my batt was replaced and my car can run again. then he came up to my hse and pass me back my key. the bill is $178.50 but.... i dun hv so much cash with me and i can't go out to draw. so i gave him all i have, $150 and promised to deliver the balance to their workshop on monday. he so readily says no problem.

i then text kelvin again to tell him abt it and he too says no problem. so nice of these guys!

but i didn't know a car batt is so expensive... :(

well, i've got an excuse to go sin ming again just to claim my coffee from the handsome boss.... hehehehe :-[

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i help a friend to jump start his car yesterday. when i reach home rest awhile ready to go out again. i realise i cant start my car now. my batt was totally flat... so how? it's a GF. i can't do anything. so i buzz Kelvin from MBM. he gave me his staff's no. and ask me to call him. so i did.

this morning, his staff joe came and had my car batt replaced. the best thing is, i dun hv my hse key with me so i throw to him from my window.... hahahaha... aft an hr, my batt was replaced and my car can run again. then he came up to my hse and pass me back my key. the bill is $178.50 but.... i dun hv so much cash with me and i can't go out to draw. so i gave him all i have, $150 and promised to deliver the balance to their workshop on monday. he so readily says no problem.

i then text kelvin again to tell him abt it and he too says no problem. so nice of these guys!

but i didn't know a car batt is so expensive... :(

well, i've got an excuse to go sin ming again just to claim my coffee from the handsome boss.... hehehehe :-[

its consider cheap...

if call AA, minimum is $200plus...

i'm sure they had changed for you a maintenance free battery and at least 66mh

Guest Cklasse

Bo leh.....I went twice but don't seem to see any coffee machine. If there is one, I think a good display sign is definitely needed. I am always thinking of ta pao starbucks when I send the car there but couldn't get any starbucks around that area.

Guest redbell

Bo leh.....I went twice but don't seem to see any coffee machine. If there is one, I think a good display sign is definitely needed. I am always thinking of ta pao starbucks when I send the car there but couldn't get any starbucks around that area.

the coffee is the boss specially go buy for me de!!!! wahahahahahaha......

Guest redbell

humph! still dun hv my coffee! the boss no heart de! i arrive le then ask me wat i want... to think that i text him long b4 i arrive.... >:(

hahahaha.....

Guest angela

anyone can help?? my w211 original head unit cant read MP3 discso heard from one of my fren is tat actually can jus ask someone to help to configure the headunit....anyone noe who do tis kind of things??

Guest mekenics

"wa" 178 for a merc batt ok leh. i jus change my w203 batt to a maint free 1 for 220. the CCA was higher la 800 to 740.

on a note anyone interested to ka-lang guni my prev batt as it not damaged or drained. change cos my requirments for i.c.e. thanks! :P

Guest redbell

i always sing MBM's praises, will any1 tot i've something to do with them am?? hehehehe

anyway, was there again today. actually is to only fix remote for my doors coz i have problem even poking my key into the keyhole...

suppose to be a 2hrs job but ended up 5 hrs... :(

but anyway, i've gotten my COFFEE!!!!! YEAH!!!

RHF door element,

RHF door element joint

To supply and install alarm system

to check and rectify door condition

to remove and install door element RHF (replace)

a total bill of $245.30...

felt so paiseh, they spent 5 hrs doing my car and still charge me so cheap... :-[

tks kelvin, tks keith, tks yong....

Guest mekenics

was also there this morn to find out the exact prob of my ESP fault msg.

turn out that the steering angle sensor was faulty so goona pay CnC a visit & bug for FOC replacement

if not then return to MBM to change. again no charges for this visit!

thanks Kelvin!

Guest redbell

Kelvin (MBM)

Will you consider giving our (SGMerc Club) a special discount? Member visit you with our decal. It has to be special o.k?

errm.... with or w/o the decal, am sure he's already giving us very good rate le.... :P

Guest kepiting1sg

Kelvin (MBM)

Will you consider giving our (SGMerc Club) a special discount? Member visit you with our decal. It has to be special o.k?

Redbell is rite!!!!

Not only prices are fair, attention & services are good. Professional & experienced!

I went MBM 4 times recently and they spend many hours on my car.

Please take note that I have never gone there before.

It was this forum that egged me into trying them out. (Read my post - My virgin trip to MBM)

2 visits for SRS malfunction light problem - driver side airbag sensor loose. (each time took an hour to run the diagnostic prog. to find where the problem is. Follow by dismantling the front driver door to check on the SRS sensor)

2 visits for Engine malfunction light problem, 1 time was a Sat. not enough time to do serious checking follow by the following Monday, I left my car there overnight.

They found water in my Kleemann K-Box and they took it out and rewired back the stock ECU and reset the engine parameters.

All these 4 trips for free including free car wash 1 time and Kelvin say no charge since these are "small jobs" :o :o :o

I felt even more paiseh when he called me long distance to my oversea hp to check with me to see

all my SRS warning light & Engine light problems were resolved.

Again MY BIG THANK YOU TO KELVIN-MBM if U are reading this.

So far so good, it has being more than 2 weeks and everything seems fine. ;D

Guest VBlaster_W211

After the C&C's Mercedes Clinic, where the German engineer went through my E and noted all the areas, I went across to MBM to change both front and rear main batteries and also wipers (Borsch).

Those suffering from juddering wipers - just change them. They're whisper quiet and silky smooth now.

Good thing is the German Engineer (Harry) is very frank. He also pointed out the very slight vibration is due to lightly worned engine mounts that we would not had noticed. C&C agreed to change them at next service FOC (even though they're under wear and tear items).

Overall, thumbs up for both MBM and C&C :D

Guest skipper

After the C&C's Mercedes Clinic, where the German engineer went through my E and noted all the areas, I went across to MBM to change both front and rear main batteries and also wipers (Borsch).

Those suffering from juddering wipers - just change them. They're whisper quiet and silky smooth now.

Good thing is the German Engineer (Harry) is very frank. He also pointed out the very slight vibration is due to lightly worned engine mounts that we would not had noticed. C&C agreed to change them at next service FOC (even though they're under wear and tear items).

Overall, thumbs up for both MBM and C&C :D

Which C&C has agreed to change your engine mounts? Eunos C&C refused to change them for me >:(

Going for my Service Clinic in May...

Guest CBlack

skipper ]

After the C&C' wrote:

Which C&C has agreed to change your engine mounts? Eunos C&C refused to change them for me >:(

Going for my Service Clinic in May...

C&C only told me that my engine mounts worn out after my warranty expired and i had it change at MBM

Guest millionmilebenz

Hello all! It was also after reading all the praises here that I went to MBM. So I thought should share my experience here too for other members who have "yet to see the light!" Hahaha...

I bought my W126 about 3 mths back, and since then a small vibration in steering at ~90 to 100 km/h has been getting worse and worse, till the point that when I hit a small bump at speed the whole steering column shakes!

Well I've been to no less than 3 places and have been told the following explanations (and sold with the relevant fixes):

1. High speed balancing needed (not true)

2. Front-left rim is slightly dented (switched to back, problem got worse)

3. Left ball-joint worn out (replaced, no help)

4. Something in the undercarriage is loose (this one lagi best, didn't fix anything cause don't know where the problem really is)

Total money spent above totalled > $500 already.

So finally visited MBM and Keith took a test drive with me. Left the car there before I went on my trip, and collected this morning after my red-eye flight back to Singapore. Keith was there already at 8:30am, on a Sat morning.

Keith's diagnosis: Gearbox mounting was damaged so it was in contact with the chasis. At high speed the engine vibrations cause the shaking.

Solution: Replaced gearbox mounting + alignment.

Cost: $105 incl. GST

Now my car drives as smooth as cream, which is what it should be.

THANK YOU MBM!!

I just came back from MBM,

Kelvin, Keith & Yong all attend to my car! well my car got this disturbing tapping noise whenever I turn left and acclerate!

They took the car for many rounds! and finally found the issue! my air-con pipe was loose! hence also my air-con was not too cold...

Yong tighten my pipe and top-up air-con gas!

now siok, turn left or right when acc no more noise, and my air-con is even colder!!

and all these at no cost!! even after they did a carwash to my car.. :D

TKS man MBM!!

by the way!! I bought the Merc Rat and the AMG bear hehehehe well my CO wants it!!

there is 1 CLK over at the MBM which is fully converting to AMG!! damn chio, also a Black C240 with a damn nice rims... but not too nice rear emblem...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CBlack

today while i want to drive out for lunch, i realised my right rear tyre was flat. call Kelvin of MBM and shortly after, he sent Yong to the rescue. my tyre was fixed within 15 mins and it was puntured by a 8cm long metal rod! if drive to malaysia must change tyre liao >:(

another great service from MBM ;D

• 8 months later...