• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Adding Bluetooth Telephony on my W211

Guest Vernz

Guest Vernz

Hi,

Has anyone added the telephone option onto the Audio 20 system previously? If so, care to share the damage involved? Currently my 2007 W211 does not have any connections for it.. I checked ebay and they've got quite a few bluetooth adaptors but I'm sure its not just plug & play, right??.. Thanx..

Guest bbwannabe

Hello,

I have done some research myself on this matter. You have several options,

1. mObridge (Recommended)

mObridge Inc.

Cost: Prolly < than CarTronics

2. CarTronics

Said to be re-badged Mobridge unit, claims to have redeveloped theirs with the help of Fiberdyne.

Cartronics

Cost: USD$~625 if Bulk Order for 3 >= orders

3. Install by Local Contractor.

Cost: SGD$~900

IIRC, you do not get any real connectivity to the rest of the systems in the car. i.e., device installed not connected to Audio 20/Dashboard Display. Although, (IIRC) you do get to use the hang-up/call button on the steering wheel. (Needa go home to get the contact but you can ask the kind people at C&C. They were the ones who gave me their number).

You might want to read this thread, Benworld Thread.

Hope it helps. It is certainly not cheap mod!~

Guest Vernz

Hello,

I have done some research myself on this matter. You have several options,

1. mObridge (Recommended)

mObridge Inc.

Cost: Prolly < than CarTronics

2. CarTronics

Said to be re-badged Mobridge unit, claims to have redeveloped theirs with the help of Fiberdyne.

Cartronics

Cost: USD$~625 if Bulk Order for 3 >= orders

3. Install by Local Contractor.

Cost: SGD$~900

IIRC, you do not get any real connectivity to the rest of the systems in the car. i.e., device installed not connected to Audio 20/Dashboard Display. Although, (IIRC) you do get to use the hang-up/call button on the steering wheel. (Needa go home to get the contact but you can ask the kind people at C&C. They were the ones who gave me their number).

You might want to read this thread, Benworld Thread.

Hope it helps. It is certainly not cheap mod!~

Thnx.. Will look it up..

Guest Spidy

Thanks to bbwannabe to point me to this thread.

I have email mobridge for the price of the bluetooth system.

Am wondering whether there is a local agent that know how to install this.

Hi to Vernz,

Mine ride is w203 with Audio20 also. may be we can do the installation together ?

Guest bbwannabe

Hi to Vernz,

Mine ride is w203 with Audio20 also. may be we can do the installation together ?

hello,

great that it helped. i wanted to get it done too but my COMAND project is getting too expensive. gonna drop the BT. i have seen the installation guide. it is rather simple. any merc familar workshop can do it. try autospritze. 6289 9876.

btw, try to get a MO price from them. should be able to.

cheers

Guest Vernz

Hi to Vernz,

Hi Spidy,

I don't think I'll want it if its too ex and moreover its not at the top of my wish list.. Will make do wif BT earpiece which is serving me well at the moment.. Thanx for the invite anyway.. Cheers!