• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Spring

Mas

Hi guys,

need to know more about this before installing. Currently driving W205 2015 c-class with stock suspension. 

Ride quality currently is bouncy over humps and bumps. 

if I do install the lowering spring, anyone can advice me how’s the ride quality? 

will it be too hard or will the entire ride quality improved?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ride is bouncy because the absorbers are weak.  Installing lowering springs will only make the ride quality worse.  If you want to lower the car, I suggest buying the Eibach B12 Pro-Kit, which comes with matched springs and absorbers.  If you don't want to lower the car, you'll have to change the absorbers to Bilstein B4 absorbers (Bilstein also makes factory absorbers for Mercedes).

Thanks for the reply!

I drove w204 previously and changed my Coilovers to BCBR Coilovers but I hate the ride quality.

will the eibach Coilovers have similar ride quality for w205?

1 hour ago, Mas said:

Thanks for the reply!

I drove w204 previously and changed my Coilovers to BCBR Coilovers but I hate the ride quality.

will the eibach Coilovers have similar ride quality for w205?

If you're looking for a comfortable ride, then the only way is to stay with original parts or Bilstein B4 + stock springs.  I can't confirm with the B12 Pro-kit is comfortable for the W205 or if it's comfortable to you.  However, the B12 Pro-kit has been a very popular upgrade for those looking to a lowered car with close to stock comfort levels.

I personally feel that driving a lowered car is nice due to the decreased gap, but can be a pain in the ass when it comes to some carparks, speed humps etc etc.  I got the Bilstein B6 because it makes the W205 a more engaging drive, without me having to deal with clearance issues and alignment.  Old already...don't want the hassle anymore. Hahahahaha!