• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 control arms and shock absorbers

Keith Kam

Hi

I need to replace the control arms as bushes are worn. And I notice shock absorbers also weak though no leaks.

May I know any recommended OEM for absorbers? If not where to find cheaper original from stockist? Thank you

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2022 at 9:05 PM, Keith Kam said:

Hi

I need to replace the control arms as bushes are worn. And I notice shock absorbers also weak though no leaks.

May I know any recommended OEM for absorbers? If not where to find cheaper original from stockist? Thank you

I buy my supplies from Goldenlink just because they have a sales warehouse right round the corner from my place at Bukit Merah.  There are a few other stockists around you can search for via Google.  Just give them your VIN, and they can find the correct part number for you.

FYI, the stock parts are made by Bilstein.  You can either search for Bilstein B4 (basically stock replacements without the MB logo and price premium), or you can opt to go for something firmer (like I did) and got Bilstein B6, without any lowering.  Stick to B4 to maintain comfort levels though.

• 7 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 10:24 PM, Keith Kam said:

Thanks. Yes I plan to get OEM so as to save as much as I could. As long as it's the same as original I think it's good enough.

Hi Keith, may i know did you manage to change your shock absorber and all the control arms ? I am facing the same issues now and any advice and help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

No I haven't done it. I planned probably Mar or April when my next servicing is due. I had done some findings last time the savings not much difference. You may save by buying it from some stockists or direct sellers but worry that parts may not be genuine and worse case, got a wrong one though quite unlikely if it's from stockist.