• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is software updates covered under warranty? 48V Battery error

lucasc

Dear All,

I sent in my E200 2.0L W213FL 2021 for first 1k oil change yesterday. They handed back the car to me after 2 hours. An error popped out on the dashboard when I started the car. It showed "48V Battery" and requested me to check the owner's manual. This is the first time I see this error and right after first oil change. I called the service advisor again and he handed my car back to the service technician. They plugged in Xentry and ran diagnostics again but could not find any physical hardware failure and claimed that my car's software version was 2020 and maybe causing the error due to incompatibility with their diagnostic kit. I got my car in Oct 2021 and surprised that the software wasn't updated at the point of purchase. They claim that software update is not covered by the warranty. Is this true?

They just reset the error and handed the car back to me and told me to schedule the car for software update and the whole process will take at least 2 days. This is the first time I am hearing this. The cost of the update is around SGD 2000. I got this car from a parallel importer. Does anyone have any thoughts on this to share? Is the 48V error a very common issue here for the new W213?

Thanks,
Lucas

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Reflection said:

https://mbworld.org/forums/general-mercedes-discussion/828634-48-volt-battery-problem-check-here.html

So the PI that sold you the car, did the service and won't settle the software update?

I called the PI and they told me to bring my wty card. Workshop does not belong to PI company. Workshop guy told me that wty does not cover for the software updates. Not sure if the guy is new or not. What should I do?

21 hours ago, lucasc said:

Yes, I will. First time I get a car from PI and this kind of thing happen.

Pitfalls of buying through PI.  Nevertheless, I'm sure you should've seen substantial savings going that route.  If it's a small establishment, you'll have to be prepared that they could go bust and disappear down the road.  PI can promise you the moon (10yr warranty, servicing etc etc all covered), but whether they'll be around to honour that for 5-10yrs is another thing.