• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Keys

Guest toycarz

Guest toycarz

Hi Guys,

Getting my ride tomorrow. Since first time buying a pre-owned car, need to get some advice to prevent any surprises.

1) I presume SLK also come 2 normal + 1 master key?

2) Anything die die must check one?

Thanks! :)

Guest ACSLK

Hi toycarz,

i only have 2 master key....no normal key..................

congras on your new ride.SLK350? What colour? :clap:

do join us for the month end meet-up 4.30pm to 6.30pm Kallang car park F..............(this Sunday)

:rockon:

Guest redhood

Mine is shaped like a hammer. For opening doors only...

Seriously, I dun think new mercs come w master keys anymore due to the security system. Maybe a code tag or something. I hv two remote keys too!

Guest stealth123

ha ha - faster get mine? i also want le.... but in Singapore no stock wor..... *grinz*

after get already will come for some poisoning session.. but then again - sure paiseh la, all the experts there.

toycarz must be sleeping very very late today... hehehehe - hair must be all brushed back - from the draught rushing thru the cabin of his SLK....

tell us about the experience ok?

Guest toycarz

Thanks bros and sis! My ride is silver :) Was drooling my way to the dealer and when the top was down, the drooling stopped but nose started bleeding! Condition is pretty good, STA report rated as A and most impt accident free.

First of all, I am like a big kid with a new toy and it is nice to have so many buttons to play around! :yumyum: Really got power but also drinks petrol keke :tazzie: Pump full tank, less than 100km nearly 1/4 tank gone, abt the same as my RX8 so not that shocked...keke maybe time to clear some carbon.

For mods, I went immediately to MDM to fit the smart top and bonnet fins Their service is good despite a lot of customers today :thumbsup: Will join u all this Sun to get more poison and advice :) Already got some ideas tinking on my mind liow:

1) I find the brakes a bit soft, dunno if it is a merc trait. Wondering if can move the 4 pot front brakes to the rear and buy another pair of 6 pot for the front?

2) Wondering if the center console is used for audio only? Got quoted by Pin Liang $950++ for a IPOD connector :death: If that is only for audio, thinking of changing it to those integrated unit with LCD with IPOD, DIVX, etc, may cost around $2k but fulfill all requirements. Any bros or sis have done this?

Guest toycarz

ha ha - faster get mine? i also want le.... but in Singapore no stock wor..... *grinz*

after get already will come for some poisoning session.. but then again - sure paiseh la, all the experts there.

toycarz must be sleeping very very late today... hehehehe - hair must be all brushed back - from the draught rushing thru the cabin of his SLK....

lol yeah! Also thinking of getting a clear glass wind deflector, forgot to ask MBM juz now...keke

Guest ladyseals80

congrats man!

brings back memories when i collected my car... so in luv... haha... :love7: :love7: :love7:

better come meetup this sun ah!

add yourself to the SLK drivers list!

:welcome:

cheers!

Guest stealth123

lol yeah! Also thinking of getting a clear glass wind deflector, forgot to ask MBM juz now...keke

eh - toy car - i saw that someone was selling his wind deflector (draught stop) in the Personal Ads section. You may want to check it out...

I also found interesting custom made ones - can laser etch words or logos on it one - http://www.dynamicautoconcepts.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=5

:)

Thanks bros and sis! My ride is silver :) Was drooling my way to the dealer and when the top was down, the drooling stopped but nose started bleeding! Condition is pretty good, STA report rated as A and most impt accident free.

First of all, I am like a big kid with a new toy and it is nice to have so many buttons to play around! :yumyum: Really got power but also drinks petrol keke :tazzie: Pump full tank, less than 100km nearly 1/4 tank gone, abt the same as my RX8 so not that shocked...keke maybe time to clear some carbon.

For mods, I went immediately to MDM to fit the smart top and bonnet fins Their service is good despite a lot of customers today :thumbsup: Will join u all this Sun to get more poison and advice :) Already got some ideas tinking on my mind liow:

1) I find the brakes a bit soft, dunno if it is a merc trait. Wondering if can move the 4 pot front brakes to the rear and buy another pair of 6 pot for the front?

2) Wondering if the center console is used for audio only? Got quoted by Pin Liang $950++ for a IPOD connector :death: If that is only for audio, thinking of changing it to those integrated unit with LCD with IPOD, DIVX, etc, may cost around $2k but fulfill all requirements. Any bros or sis have done this?

Hey dude,

Welcome to the club. I think it must be hard to slp especially for the first night. Will probably try to find any kind of excuse to take the car out for a spin, maybe it was just me that had that problem. :devil:

You also seem to have the same issues that I am facing too so maybe this sunday we can discuss more bout this.

Btw you said that u used to drive a rx8, were u in the rx8 club and how long you've been there?

Guest toycarz

Hey dude,

Welcome to the club. I think it must be hard to slp especially for the first night. Will probably try to find any kind of excuse to take the car out for a spin, maybe it was just me that had that problem. :devil:

You also seem to have the same issues that I am facing too so maybe this sunday we can discuss more bout this.

Btw you said that u used to drive a rx8, were u in the rx8 club and how long you've been there?

Yeah since 2006 and also the singapore version, but mainly to browse, see how others "zeng1" the car :) :devil2: