• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

REFLECTION’S pre-loved W205

Reflection

Got a 2016 W205 with certified mileage with CnC. First Merc. 

Throughout the history of Mercedes, I’ve always heard about how much detail they put into the design of their buttons/switches, right down to the A/C controls and all. I’ve been in numerous Mercs, and while I can say that the feel of Merc switches were superb, I can’t say the same for the W205. I start with this, simply because I’ve had to replace two broken window switches in a span of 6 months, and judging from the broken trim clip I found, this procedure has been done before on this 40,000km, 5yr old car. 

You’ll find the offending part attached to this post, which is the same issue on both the master switch cluster and passenger window switches. I’m expecting the rest to follow. 

Apart from these, the black console switches feel extremely cheap, compared to the silver ones controlling the A/C etc.

The car operates as it should though, and I have no complaints about the driving experience or mechanics at this point. Being a DIY kind of car owner, I’ll be posting any repairs that are within my capabilities in time to come…hopefully just not too many!🤪

A1EBC182-8E4E-4626-A4A3-FA2C563BE1ED.jpeg

853C64D2-B547-4070-AF75-EF5C76B470CC.jpeg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, snsd555 said:

Congrats on your W205 @Reflection!

Common problem on the newer Mercs.. Hope they're not cutting corners to save cost! You can try looking on Aliexpress or similar budget sites for replacements, probably quite a bit cheaper than getting the original from the stockist or C&C. Good luck!

Thanks! Ordered all my parts from Shopee 🤣 $6/ passenger switch. $40 for entire driver’s side master switch cluster. I reused the original circuit board and everything else inside to maintain the factory “feel” of the switches, so everything has factory resistance. The MIC parts are not as tight in terms of tolerance.

Replacement is easy with the right tools, and the internet has plenty of information regarding the process.