• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NEW C180 W205 engine rattle @ 1,200-1,500rpm (sound file included)

drumhq

Hi, I just collected my C180 end of June 2021 from Cycle & Carriage (C&C) and there have been a few issues. 

OUTSTANDING ISSUES:

1) Engine rattles under load (in Drive, not Neutral or Park) when revving near 1,200-1,500 rpm. Please do have a listen to the MP3 file that was recorded from my driver seat. 

I brought it to C&C to service and check. Their Engineer (worked 31 years at C&C) took the car for a test drive with me and told me the noise is not normal for a new car. They proceeded to take the car in to check further and I eventually was advised by the Service Advisor that the test drive Engineer doesn't really know about these things and isn't the one doing the proper checks but a more experienced team did a diagnosis and deemed the car to be faultless and that this rattling is present in ALL C180 W205 engines. I was surprised that the Service Advisor was putting his own Engineer down. Car still maintains this rattling noise now.

Anyone having this problem too? 

2) Loud buzzing from the wireless charging panel fan. 

RECTIFIED PROBLEM:

3) Driver door panel clicks/creaks when open/close

All these problems came straight from factory. Is there something wrong with the African manufacturing Quality Control? 

C180 W205 - engine rattle at 1,200-1,500rpm.mp3

• drumhq changed the title to NEW C180 W205 engine rattle @ 1,200-1,500rpm (sound file included)
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your engine rattle recording done from inside the car, or outside?  I honestly haven't paid attention to the engine noise, but will check if you let me know where you're hearing this from.  Direct injection engines are a whole lot noisier than Port injection engines, and the clatter can be from the injectors.

1 hour ago, Reflection said:

Is your engine rattle recording done from inside the car, or outside?  I honestly haven't paid attention to the engine noise, but will check if you let me know where you're hearing this from.  Direct injection engines are a whole lot noisier than Port injection engines, and the clatter can be from the injectors.

Yes, sound was recorded from inside the cabin, all windows and doors closed. Thanks for checking. I have checked with 2 other friends using W205 and they have not heard of such noise within their cabins. 

On 8/4/2021 at 10:15 PM, drumhq said:

Yes, sound was recorded from inside the cabin, all windows and doors closed. Thanks for checking. I have checked with 2 other friends using W205 and they have not heard of such noise within their cabins. 

Yup.  No such sound on my end either.  You shouldn't be hearing a thing if your doors and windows are close.