• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Do you know these about your W124?

Guest E200

Any bros with the following knowledge?

1. What are the original tyre size?

2. What is the correct tyre pressure?

3. Has anybody changed dashboard instruments lights before? How much does it cost and how long do I need to leave the car at the workshop?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest damagecar

32-34, depending on your load and what you want your fuel consumption like. I also consider the width of the tyre (195 or 205). The latter have better grip while doing fast cornering but higher fuel consumption becaust i find it "heavier" to pickup.

3. Has anybody changed dashboard instruments lights before? How much does it cost and how long do I need to leave the car at the workshop?

Forgot the cost. 1 light kaput never change until the 2nd light kaput then change all of it. Just about 1-2hrs job if I can remember.

Thanks in advance!

Guest mercw124

1. 15" stock tyres

2. Currently on 245-250 psi. Lesser friction with the road, improved FC. Doing about 650km on a full tank, 85% highway.

3. Roughly 2-3 hours job. Labour will make up a huge bulk of the total cost. You can do some illuminated dials though. Look for keltanky!

1. 15" stock tyres

2. Currently on 245-250 psi. Lesser friction with the road, improved FC. Doing about 650km on a full tank, 85% highway.

3. Roughly 2-3 hours job. Labour will make up a huge bulk of the total cost. You can do some illuminated dials though. Look for keltanky!

calling for me?????? :punk1:

my answer in blue

195/65/15 if i remember corrrectly

for the 195, go for max 230pis enough liao, 205 got for 250 max.

change to illuminated dials BEST!! go Stamford tyres, abt $200 per set with installation

Thanks in advance!

1. 15" stock tyres

Wah... 650km per full tank is very impressive. You driving w/o a/c? ::)

BTW, with 250psi, isn't your ride your hard? I was also considering this, but with my current pressure @ 220psi I find it just nice only leh...

Guest mercw124

650km's with air conditioning :) But its because I only stop for 2 traffic lights along the way to work daily so that's maybe why I'm getting such good mileage.

620km was a mish mash of arterial roads and expressways but still good.

250psi, well yes, it's a little hard especially over humps but for expressways and cruising it's fine :D Trying different ways to improve mileage you know!

Guest aremean

change to illuminated dials BEST!! go Stamford tyres, abt $200 per set with installation

Hi Kelvin,

I am interested to change my instrument clusters to the illuminated dials, can you share with us or perhaps PM me which stamford tyres shop to go to and maybe you could furnish us with a contact number?

Cheers

Hi Kelvin,

I am interested to change my instrument clusters to the illuminated dials, can you share with us or perhaps PM me which stamford tyres shop to go to and maybe you could furnish us with a contact number?

Cheers

go to Stamford Tyre Jurong

Look for Ah Kim. The brand is Climax Tech. go for version VX better unless you want super bright (than go for white based)

Hi Kelvin,

Cheers

go to Stamford Tyre Jurong

Look for Ah Kim. The brand is Climax Tech. go for version VX better unless you want super bright (than go for white based)

Bro I stay nearer to AMK stamford. Do they have the lights there?

bro, you can check with them,

but stamford tyres, I would rather go to jurong, cos its their HQ la, even though they have changi branch which is suppose to be bigger, lots of ppl say jurong is better.

bro, you can check with them,

but stamford tyres, I would rather go to jurong, cos its their HQ la, even though they have changi branch which is suppose to be bigger, lots of ppl say jurong is better.

Thanks Bro.... but Jurong really beri beri far.....

kekekeeke..........

• 4 weeks later...