• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Passenger Side Aircon Not Cold - W205 C200

is250c

I am experiencing the passenger side air vent and the left air vent on the centre console are blowing out air which is not cold. I have shifted the temperature setting for the left from 23c to 19c, still not cold. The right side setting is 23c and air is cold.

Any advise or idea on the cause or rectification. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

There is only 1 cooling coil however it is surprising that when refrigerant is insufficient only the air on the passenger side vent is not cold. My issue was a leaking cooling coil which leads to low refrigerant. Replaced the cooling coil and all the air vents are blowing cold air again. Expensive repair of almost $2k.

This is quite a funny forum that I am talking to myself. Anyway just update the thread in case someone encounter the same issue and will roughly knows what is the issue.

Maybe nobody's encountered this before, hence the lack of responses?  Is the cooling coil repair the one where the entire dashboard needs to come out for access?  $2k ain't bad considering the amount of work required.  The offending part is cheap...labor is the killer.

13 hours ago, Reflection said:

Maybe nobody's encountered this before, hence the lack of responses?  Is the cooling coil repair the one where the entire dashboard needs to come out for access?  $2k ain't bad considering the amount of work required.  The offending part is cheap...labor is the killer.

You are right on all 3 points. Maybe it is not a common issue. Dashboard needs to remove to access the cooling coil. Labor cost is the killer, parts is only around $500. It will be maintenance friendly if they place the coiling coil in a more accessible area like behind/below the glove compartment which can be easily remove. Cheers.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, is250c said:

You are right on all 3 points. Maybe it is not a common issue. Dashboard needs to remove to access the cooling coil. Labor cost is the killer, parts is only around $500. It will be maintenance friendly if they place the coiling coil in a more accessible area like behind/below the glove compartment which can be easily remove. Cheers.

To be fair, the cooling coil (evaporator) is usually the last place to encounter a leak.  In most cases, the condensor is the biggest culprit simply because of its position at the front of the car, followed by compressors and then the rest of the system. I usually own my cars for 5-8yrs running about 100-150k, and have never come across A/C failure before.

Luck of the draw I guess.