• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Knocking Noise

angandy77

Hi all,

I am driving a A200 W177 for a year. Did anyone experience the same engine knocking noise whenever the car is accelerating from the 1st to 3rd gear? Somehow the DCT gearbox tried to catch up with the pickup but fail to do so, resulting in engine noise at the end of every gear change. The noise go away from 4th to 7th gear. I went to C&C and left my car there for 3days to check. In the end, the SA and their Tech told me this is normal for this new 1.4 engine and did nothing to resolve the issue. Those driving the new B, CLA, GLA, GLB, do you have the same problem? FYI, I have been driving the W176 and I never experienced this noise problem. Any advice from this forum here?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days