• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to clean the following items?

Guest E200

Any advise from the bros on how to clean the following items:

a. sports rims - there are stains on it. Don't know what caused them but they sure look like "bird-shit" and they can't be cleaned off using the car shampoo (even with hard rubbing)...

b. floor mat - I'm using 3M (the type that looks like hair). Problem is that mine is biege colour and the black footprint stamps are obvious... how to wash & scrub away those black stamps?

Thanks for any advise!

Guest starnite

a. sports rims - there are stains on it. Don't know what caused them but they sure look like "bird-shit" and they can't be cleaned off using the car shampoo (even with hard rubbing)...

b. floor mat - I'm using 3M (the type that looks like hair). Problem is that mine is biege colour and the black footprint stamps are obvious... how to wash & scrub away those black stamps?

Thanks for any advise!

Bro.. the "bird shit" is just a mark? or u can feel the rough surface? I usually wipe some polish/wax on it, and it work wonder!

For rough surface...maybe try colgate? :)

Thanks for any advise!

bro,

if u mentioned that hard rubbing also cannot remove stain, then those "bird shit" are likely to be oxidised metal and is underneath the paint layer. The only way is to respary whole rim

floor mat try using thinner to remove stain. If thinner also cannot then no hope liao

Thanks for any advise!

bro,

if u mentioned that hard rubbing also cannot remove stain, then those "bird shit" are likely to be oxidised metal and is underneath the paint layer. The only way is to respary whole rim

floor mat try using thinner to remove stain. If thinner also cannot then no hope liao

Wah! Like that very xiong already..

Honestly, those "bird shits" are something like those sap that you get from the trees. U know sometimes when you park under the trees, some of the trees drip a little sap (that brownish sticky substance that stains your paint even after you scrub it off with your nails..) That's the so-called "bird-shit" I was talking about.

Will try to use polish to rub it off... as for the floor mat, how to apply the thinner onto it? Using what?

Guest blackmercs

No need change car lah, respray yr rim, did u try using Sonax? As for car mat, change a new set, get black color instead. This will save u abt $100K!!!

Guest jies2

like suggested, you can try sonax. the fluid turns from purple to black when sprayed on the wheels. it's pretty easy to get rid of the grime but you've got to hold your breath while doing it. it stinks LOL.