• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Soundproofing

Guest Cerano

Guest Cerano

Hi bros

Anyone else feel that our car is quite noisy on the road? I think its noisier on the inside compared to camry accord leh. :'( :'(

pay so much for the car end up raining still got sardine car sound on the roof top.

any bros got any kan tao for good and cheap soundproofing?

Guest m1122

Opine Camry quieter but new Accord nosier.

I soundproof my bootwell (where spare tyre is kept) but maybe its psychological ........ seems like I can hear noise from front and engine better now ......LPPL...... :2guns:

Guest Cerano

Opine Camry quieter but new Accord nosier.

I soundproof my bootwell (where spare tyre is kept) but maybe its psychological ........ seems like I can hear noise from front and engine better now ......LPPL...... :2guns:

i think its more of the doors leh

the bus or the lorry or esp motorcycle pass by can hear :death:

Actually I kind of like the noise the roaring of the komoressor make me steam everytime I rev to redline I think I like the roar :punk1:

Strongly agreed...... :clap:

Guest Cerano

quite honestly, i don't really hear the road noise because most of the time i hear the kompressor sound.. muahahha :evlaugh:

normal road very quiet but highway super noisy leh

Guest blackmercs

quite honestly, i don't really hear the road noise because most of the time i hear the kompressor sound.. muahahha :evlaugh:

bru this happens only at AYE rite? On the way to Jurong Town Hall especially when u r driving on the lane 1? If yes, u r not alone. If too noisy, just blast yr "clean" audio set lor!!!

Guest Cerano

bru this happens only at AYE rite? On the way to Jurong Town Hall especially when u r driving on the lane 1? If yes, u r not alone. If too noisy, just blast yr "clean" audio set lor!!!

yes AYE. Live in Jurong mah. Other roads not that jialat but especially AYE lor

Guest blackmercs

yes AYE. Live in Jurong mah. Other roads not that jialat but especially AYE lor

Then is the AYE road, not yr ride is the problem as i experienced the same thing. So no worries ya!!!

Guest ehwwong

yea but where to do up soundproofing so can be like jap car :laugh:

plenty of places can do lah... auto spritzer, silent or almost every reputable audio shop will do for you. They will install a sound insulating layer to your door panels which will help eliminate road noise.. btw, what tyre's you are using? because it plays a part too?

use CTC3 for quiet ride.. got chance, you sit in my car.. :)

Guest Cerano

plenty of places can do lah... auto spritzer, silent or almost every reputable audio shop will do for you. They will install a sound insulating layer to your door panels which will help eliminate road noise.. btw, what tyre's you are using? because it plays a part too?

next gathering lo. yea i suppose my tyres. how much for the sound insulation ah?

Im using Pirelli P Zero Rosso

Guest blackmercs

next gathering lo. yea i suppose my tyres. how much for the sound insulation ah?

Bru is the road not the tyre. U can ask yr fren drive down to AYE and test it, lane 1 is the problem.

Guest Cerano

Bru is the road not the tyre. U can ask yr fren drive down to AYE and test it, lane 1 is the problem.

Yeah. Silent soundproofing is cheap leh but duno whether good or not.

Bro MorganOh says no matter what soundproofing we do our cars cant be as silent as a jap car. sad he says he spent 3k still not quiet enough

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro MorganOh says no matter what soundproofing we do our cars cant be as silent as a jap car. sad he says he spent 3k still not quiet enough

It depends on the type of material used, the number of layers and how extensive an area the soundproofing cover.

I know at least 1 guy who spend $10K on soundproofing his ride doors, floorpan, roofing, tire wells, firewall, boot, bootlid & bonnet. :death:

Guest morganoh

I spend 3K on my last car Rx8, use up around 15pc of sound proofing sheet, each pc around 3-4kg.

so add around 60kg extra.

IF u used a very thick and dense/compact layer, maybe 25-30pc of sound proofing may add around 100+ kg to your car.

not only do u have to prepare for big money spend, but u also have to prepare for a much heavier car,

Guest kepiting1sg

I spend 3K on my last car Rx8, use up around 15pc of sound proofing sheet, each pc around 3-4kg.

IF u used a very thick and dense/compact layer, maybe 25-30pc of sound proofing may add around 100+ kg to your car.

not only do u have to prepare for big money spend, but u also have to prepare for a much heavier car,

Hi Morgan!

Yes! These sound proofing material are real heavy stuff.

hehehehe....BTW the installer that did the 10 grand soundproofing job drives a RX8 too. ;D

No! He did not soundproof his car! ;D

Some people are "fussy" abt noise....seen S Class & Lexus owners doing soundproofing to their ride for quietness not for ICE. :surrender:

Guest Cerano

Hi Morgan!

hehehehe....BTW the installer that did the 10 grand soundproofing job drives a RX8 too. ;D

Some people are "fussy" abt noise....seen S Class & Lexus owners doing soundproofing to their ride for quietness not for ICE. :surrender:

wah s-class still need soundproofing?

Guest morganoh

Hi Morgan!

I had seen the 1-2 inch thick foam under the floorboard carpet.

Those on a Rx8 and Merc are diff.

The Rx8 ones are just light weight Sterofoam. but those on the Merc are much better. Heavier and denser.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest greenvibes

Yeah. Silent soundproofing is cheap leh but duno whether good or not.

try swift motion if you want to pay for good workmanship, silent no no