• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"Top up cooliant" msg

Guest Xad7707

Guest angela

"Top up cooliant" msg was flashed this evening, need to ask experts here , what do I do next? Anyone experience it??

usually only need to top up engine oil, could be that ur coolant resivour is leaking, but thats just a wild guess...

Guest Cklasse

So means need bring to workshop to check? Not serious issue right?

This is serious because this kind of message should not appear at all. Any fluid that requires top up is an indication of leakage. I would suggest you start to constantly check your engine temperature when you drive your car till you get it into the workshop to confirm nothing is wrong. What's your model and how old liao? mileage?

The W203 is known to have a coolant reservoir tank tube crack.

Guest Merc-C

Mine also received this message once.

I just proceed to petrol station to buy coolant to top up, and it was running smoothly again with no further issues. :bboyspin:

Guest mercbenz

Hi usually the coolant has to be diluted with distiller water so do not topped up with 100% coolant. What I did previously was to top up with distilled water. But take note , if the sign come on again few weeks later than it means u have leakage it should not come on so soon

Guest Raskie

be careful with the type of coolant you buy ... some are not suitable to be used. Some cars require silicate-free coolant to ensure the metals or rubber hoses are not affected. i believe Merc should be using the silicate-free coolant ... some OAT coolant like Shell do not require mixture with water ...

yes , do top it up and monitor over the next few weeks ... if problem persists, then need to send in to check as there would be a leak.

Guest Xad7707

Dear bros,

"topup/ check cooliant msg" came out again this morning. It msg inbox on the dashboard went off immediately after its flashed for 2 sec.

Called C&C, they ask me check for leakage of blue coolant if any after i stop car, so far ok no leak. When will i know if coolant is emptied?

any advice?

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear bros,

"topup/ check cooliant msg" came out again this morning. It msg inbox on the dashboard went off immediately after its flashed for 2 sec.

Called C&C, they ask me check for leakage of blue coolant if any after i stop car, so far ok no leak. When will i know if coolant is emptied?

any advice?

IMHO

Bro!

Have you physically check your coolant reservoir is there enough coolant in it?

If not, open up your bonnet, locate the coolant reservoir and check it.

If it's adequate, probably U have a faulty coolant level sensor. Get a workshop to rectify the problem.

It's it's not enough, there could be a leak somewhere either externally or internally (blown heat gasket)

You will know when your coolant is emptied when your engine temperature start to climb way above 90 deg.C,

car start to lose power, engine overheated and your car stalled & come to a stop.

Not to frighten you - that would be serious! I have seen & heard of cracked engine block due to overheating before.

I am sure you don't want that to happen.

For a peace of mind, go & check your coolant level.

If U do not know what to do, bring your car to the workshop.

Rp1 worth of advice!

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks for advice.

do we need to get coolant solution of the racks or just tap water will do?

Paisei.. hope can advice?

Coolant usually no need to top up unless there's a leak somewhere.

Fixed up the leak 1st if there's one.

Do not buy coolant off the rack and do not top up with just water.

U cannot mixed with different coolant and U are not to dilute the coolant.

• 2 years later...
Guest hkhamateur

vr00m wrote:

I just have this message too. So which workshop can I go to top up the coolant? Since its a specific mixture.

Our site-sponsors: Starblack n MBM. :becky:

Bt if yr Ride's under warranty still, go back C&C.

vr00m wrote:

I just have this message too. So which workshop can I go to top up the coolant? Since its a specific mixture.

I have the same pblm before but the message gone after topping up little bit of water..