• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sprint booster

Guest Xad7707

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

Do come join us this sunday @ Kallang, let you have a real feel of the diff rather than words......

See you....

i also want to feel leh.. can taxi ride me? hehe

Guest Cerano

Do come join us this sunday @ Kallang, let you have a real feel of the diff rather than words......

See you....

bro i wanna try kbox who can lemme try?

Guest ACSLK

The nice pickup is fantastic!! Wonder what kind of power will it be when install the kleenman set? sprint booster is worth the money !!

Hi Xad7707,

Kleemann K-box boost kit should be able to give push your engine to 200hp and 300nm......but if you put in the Kleemann header with down-pipe plus either Brabus or AMG quad exhaust and perhaps also upgrade to C230 SC.............(Should be quite fast already)..........

Happy modding

cheers............

Guest drift838

For w204 c180, kleemann only recommends the K-box and headers, but no pulleys (pulleys only for C200).

According to their website, headers & k-box alone can push the C180 from 156hp to 210hp?? Sounds v optimistic though.

The headers are supposed to add 15hp across rev range, and the k-box +25hp from 4,000rpm onwards.

K-box alters the MAF and MAP readings to prevent the ECU from letting off boost at higher rpms by allowing the boost control solonoid to hold up a bit longer so that higher boost from the SC is obtained. I believe that this is how the C200, other than the lower compression ratio, allows for higher boost through the ECU to achieve the 184hp (noting that the 184hp is obtained at a higher rev). But I am not too such why some of the bros here exp loss of low end with the k-box.

As for the headers, I understand that there's no down side. According to Man exhaust, the pre-cat is so restrictive that it takes off so much power.

Ang bros out that like to share further thots on Kleemann k-box, and headers? I am in the process of Kleemannisation :)

Guest drift838

mine's low power w204 C180 (1.8)

not looking for much more power, but just smoother revving and keeping everything else as original as possible to enjoy CnC warranty.

Not sure how much they can fault me on the headers, but am sure that if for K-box, they may fault me when say there any probs on engine gasket leak, vacuum leak etc...

Since the headers are simply connected to the engine block with 8 nuts and secured to the centre pipe, dun think there's much to go wrong. of course if o2 sensor gets into trouble, then they can shift blame over...

Actually the k-box alone would be the most stealth of mods... hidden away and where the simple star dignostic can't detect.

if any claims... juz get MBM unsolder from MAP and MAF sensors....

but bcos I dun really rev often, I prefer gains at low end... which the k box dun provide... decisions decisions....

Guest NewC180

mine's low power w204 C180 (1.8)

not looking for much more power, but just smoother revving and keeping everything else as original as possible to enjoy CnC warranty.

Not sure how much they can fault me on the headers, but am sure that if for K-box, they may fault me when say there any probs on engine gasket leak, vacuum leak etc...

Since the headers are simply connected to the engine block with 8 nuts and secured to the centre pipe, dun think there's much to go wrong. of course if o2 sensor gets into trouble, then they can shift blame over...

Actually the k-box alone would be the most stealth of mods... hidden away and where the simple star dignostic can't detect.

if any claims... juz get MBM unsolder from MAP and MAF sensors....

but bcos I dun really rev often, I prefer gains at low end... which the k box dun provide... decisions decisions....

Hey drift838, would be interested to know the outcome of your mod and the damage. Me also thinking of doing something to my c180, wifey commented that the car like not enough power like that. Come to the GTG this sunday and discuss together.

Guest drift838

ok lah.. C180 not so bad.. must not look at the 156hp... the 230nm torque is quite impressive.

The pulling power would allow us to pull away from the 156hp, 200nm BMW 320i, though BMW claims that their 0-100 is 0.1 sec faster :)

Will update once my headers are installed... probably in 2 -3 weeks time.

Guest NewC180

ok lah.. C180 not so bad.. must not look at the 156hp... the 230nm torque is quite impressive.

The pulling power would allow us to pull away from the 156hp, 200nm BMW 320i, though BMW claims that their 0-100 is 0.1 sec faster :)

Will update once my headers are installed... probably in 2 -3 weeks time.

You only got the headers but not the k box? what's the damage like? I'm kindof confused with this k box and headers thingy...

Guest drift838

try not to think of the k box as a package of mods.

From Kleemann, there are:

1) a piggy back ECU (the K-box)

2) high flow 4-1 headers with sports pre-cats

3) for C200 w204, there is a pulley+belt+ airfilter kit

I thinking many use the term k box to collectively term these mods.

For C180, we only have option (1) and (2) from Kleemann.

The ECU piggyback (know as K-box) is claiedm to add +25hp at 4,000rpm onwards. The headers and precats (termed Kleemann headers) add +15hp across rev range. (These were cited to me by Kleemann HQ).

Hence, I have decided to go for the headers. if I not wrong, MBM sells headers for $3.8K (super quality stuff) and K-box at $2.3k.

You can gpo their show room and admire the v chio and shiney super craftmanship Kleeman headers :)

Many users have cited that the headers changes the tune of the engine as well... and is v shiok.. like jet fighter like that I think.

Guest NewC180

try not to think of the k box as a package of mods.

From Kleemann, there are:

1) a piggy back ECU (the K-box)

2) high flow 4-1 headers with sports pre-cats

3) for C200 w204, there is a pulley+belt+ airfilter kit

I thinking many use the term k box to collectively term these mods.

For C180, we only have option (1) and (2) from Kleemann.

The ECU piggyback (know as K-box) is claiedm to add +25hp at 4,000rpm onwards. The headers and precats (termed Kleemann headers) add +15hp across rev range. (These were cited to me by Kleemann HQ).

Hence, I have decided to go for the headers. if I not wrong, MBM sells headers for $3.8K (super quality stuff) and K-box at $2.3k.

You can gpo their show room and admire the v chio and shiney super craftmanship Kleeman headers :)

Many users have cited that the headers changes the tune of the engine as well... and is v shiok.. like jet fighter like that I think.

Thanks bro, good and clear summary! Hmm.. i think headers will be more suitable for my car as well, as wifey is not that heavy footed, and having increased hp across the rev range is better than increase hp after 4000rpm. Can taxi ride me after your mod?

Alamak, another poision again.........