• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Painting of Headlights interior housing

Guest drift838

Guest drift838

Anyone knows if workshops in Singapore have capabilities to paint the interior housing of our w204 headlights.

People in the US have done it and it's awesome.

URL=http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/2/5/23/drift838/f_Lights2m_776b9b8.jpg&srv=img27]f_Lights2m_776b9b8.jpg[/url]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LeeCH

Notice the turn bulb, it is in clear and not amber. From website it seems a one day job but shop is in New Jersey, NY, USA. Will make the C Class looks fierce. Hopefully some shop in Singapore can do it.

Guest NewC180

It is easy to change the signal bulb to a silver coated bulb, so that you won't have that 'egg yolk' look in the lights. A few bros here have done it already.

IMHO, it is not advisable to dismantle to the headlight assembly to paint it. If not done properly, you will have seepage problems in the future. A cheap and good solution is still to paste stickers over it. My 2 cts....

Guest ehwwong

solution:

buy a new headlight assembly, ship it to the USA and let the company do it and ship it back to you...

in case of seepage, you got 1 spare.. :evlaugh:

Guest drift838

Have dropped them an email for a quote. This will really make the w204 v fierce.

No real worries about it misting up. In my old BMW E46, if there's any mist up, just remove the high beam buld, stuff a vacuum cleaner at the openning and it will all dry up :)

Guest blackmercs

Have dropped them an email for a quote. This will really make the w204 v fierce.

No real worries about it misting up. In my old BMW E46, if there's any mist up, just remove the high beam buld, stuff a vacuum cleaner at the openning and it will all dry up :)

Great!! if u dont have any concern of water seepage issue, locally can do it. Is much cheaper rite?

cheers

Guest blackmercs

locally can do it meh? where?

most of the painter shop in town lor. Is not difficult to dismantle the headlight. Using hair dryer can liao or the ang mo used their baking cake oven. Swee swee.

Guest ehwwong

oh... DIY dismantle har... scare scare..

let me find out how much is the headlight assembly first.. if its cheap, then can experiment with it.. hehe

Guest blackmercs

oh... DIY dismantle har... scare scare..

let me find out how much is the headlight assembly first.. if its cheap, then can experiment with it.. hehe

Me too not a DIY guy, i suggest u go to painter shop to do the dismantling and painting of yr headlight. The cost for the headlight assembly is not cheap at all. I think will cost u a few $K for sure.

Guest ehwwong

too bad, our car still new.. i doubt can find any at the scarp yard... hehe

but seriously, the matt black out effect very nice.. then add angel eye.. nice nice, maciam Bimmer... hehe

Guest kepiting1sg

but seriously, the matt black out effect very nice.. then add angel eye.. nice nice, maciam Bimmer... hehe

If the lamp assembly HK,

then got excuse or rather reason to upgrade to Bi-Xenons....muahahahahahah! :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

Mai Ko Tan! Mai Ko Tu liao lah!!!!!....hehehhehee :clap:

Guest blackmercs

LED angel eye ai mai

Epica.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

the next GTG, i think got 1 x c350 coming with the bi-xenon... i think will self-poison after that liao... :banghead: :banghead:

If after seeing the C350 Bi-Xenons U are only half poisoned,

then dance over to my ride and see mine to ensure U are thoroughly poisoned....muahahahah!!! :welcome:

Guest kepiting1sg

LED angel eye ai mai

Bro P, U wanna your Merc looks like a bimmer or Cibbies with angel eyes???? ;D

Guest ehwwong

@blackmerc

wow.. is this on a merc? very bimmer look... not nice at all leh..

@unker

your one is xenon meh? jiat lah.. sollie... got eye, never see tarzan!

Guest blackmercs

LED angel eye ai mai

Bro P, U wanna your Merc looks like a bimmer or Cibbies with angel eyes???? ;D

I LOVE ANGEL EYE DEEP DEEP!!

Angeleyes-1.jpg

Guest NewC180

blackmercs ]

LED angel eye ai mai

Bro P, U wanna your Merc looks like a bimmer or Cibbies with angel eyes???? wrote:

I LOVE ANGEL EYE DEEP DEEP!!

Angeleyes-1.jpg

I LOVE ANGEL FACE WITH DEEP DEEP LOONG KANG!

Guest drift838

Had a quick look around the headlights.

Seems that the clear lens is secured by 4 metal clips, and the gasket around the lens is soft and sticky, seems to be quite ez to open up the head lights.

Hope that it's a matter of time when the local workshops are able to do it. Just luv the C63 blacked out ahead lights, but am looking for a cheaper alternative.

Guest blackmercs

Had a quick look around the headlights.

Seems that the clear lens is secured by 4 metal clips, and the gasket around the lens is soft and sticky, seems to be quite ez to open up the head lights.

Hope that it's a matter of time when the local workshops are able to do it. Just luv the C63 blacked out ahead lights, but am looking for a cheaper alternative.

It's a matter of time?? Just drive in to yr regular local paint shop, i m quite sure they can do it!!! Remember to post pics ya.

Good luck!!1

Guest blackmercs

Quite eager to see anyone who will be the first to paint the housing of the headlight. Any idea where to get the clear bulb for turn signal?

Change the egg yolk to sliver color? If yes, calling Unker and ah wong!!!!

Guest ehwwong

yes sir!

reporting...

actually quite a number of places do it.. if you are in the west, can go to darren auto.. if you are in the east, can go to auto spritzer.. damage should not be more than $28 including installation.