• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

funny wobbly sound at 80km/h

Guest sohail

Guest sohail

any idea why? at 70km/h its ok.. once reach 90km/h no more wobbly sound. only at 80km/h! feels as those the sound is coming from the left side more. just changed to new tyres and rims, thought the sound and minor vibration will go away, but didnt!. help!. haha thanks.

where do u guys recommend to tune and service the car in the west side? thank you.

when is the GROUP wash gonna be....? hahaha

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ACSLK

Hi sohail,

did you do wheel balancing after changing rims and tyres? could it be your wheel bearings giving way or left suspension faulty?

So far never heard of any West side tuning company....by the way what tuning you looking at? Try MBM....(Kleemann K-box?)

Cheers.......

Guest sohail

rotated the tyres already. did the balancing thingy already. hmm if is its giving way, wonder why only at 80km.h i guess need to go to another mechanic. hmmm suggestions? this my first merc so kinda new. haha.. preferbly west side, i stay at jurong.. haha.

how abt the braking sound, got this.... "geerrrrrkkk" sound. i notice even my frens 2 year old chrylers got that sound. is somethin to do with the brass braking system?

Guest ACSLK

Hi sohail,

oh i see, why you rotate the trye? i thought you changed all brand new tyres?

when you do a rotation sure have some vibration as the tyre wear and tear is totally different........

As for the (g) sound on the braking....could it be your brake disc or brake pad giving way?

best way is to bring it down to MBM for a check........

S'pore quite small: from Jurong to Sin Ming Autocare at most 30mins (not too far)

cheers..........

Guest sohail

oh ya, what type of coolant n engine should i buy to diy or should i get i done at a shop? fyi W210, E200.

i need to change both eng oil and coolant i think as when i idle for about 20min the temp will increase.

Guest ACSLK

Hi sohail,

i think better sent to the workshop for a check-up.......could be your radiator giving way....(20mins temp goes up) or you might need a turbo fan............