• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Retrofitting Bi-xenon headlights on non-xenon equipped w204

Guest drift838

Guest drift838

Am planning to retrofit xenons on my w204. Was quoted about $2,600 for just the headlights.

Seeking advice from anyone who has done it. Just wanna find out if there are any issues with coding and whether the manual leveling function is retained. In short, can it be done?

Thanks!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ehwwong

Not sure about W204, my W203 lost it's leveling function after changing the halogen to xenon.

i know the active light function will not work if it does not come with factory even we install the bi-xenon light..

btw, who quoted $2600?

Guest kepiting1sg

Not sure about W204, my W203 lost it's leveling function after changing the halogen to xenon.

Hi Yap,

Their W204 came with the projector lens non-xenon projector lens lamp assembly and they need only to change their H7 Halogen bulbs to aftermarket H7 HIDs conversion set.

Whereas our std W203, we do not have the projector lens and we changed the whole lamp assembly to Bi-Xenon but without the auto-levellers on the lamp assembly thus ending up as single beam and loosing the levelling function because of the diff. lamp assembly. (Projector lens lamp assembly vs Non-Projector Lens Lamp assembly)

For the Std non-Xenon W204, they will still have their manual levelling function after they convert their bulbs to after mkt H7 HID conversion kit.

For my W211 Advantgarde, they came with the Bi-Xenons c/w auto levellers and I do not have a levelling function adjuster on my dash board; Whereas the W211 Elegant model is the same as the Non-Xenon with the std W204.

Guest NewC180

unker, that mean if i change mine to aftermarket HID still can manually adjust the level, right?

bro red, your W211 is halogen is it? if it is means you can fit the C.B.H.C.K (cheapo blackmerc HID conversion kit) without problems, and you still can manually adjust the level.

Guest kepiting1sg

unker, that mean if i change mine to aftermarket HID still can manually adjust the level, right?

Bro Ah Hwee,

Bro Ah Heng is rite - U will still have your levelling function .

U will only need to change your H7 halogen to what BlackMerc has done to his ride with the after mkt H7 H.I.D

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro Ah Heng,

Not koon yet arh???

U wan my D1S 6000k Xenon for your 5 or not?

Confirm your 5 is using D1S & not D2S hor!

If U do, at least I can plan my next poison for myself.

Then I let Bro Funng have the D1S 8500k Xenon

or U 2 go & discuss abt. it rather than Unker married no one in the end.....wahahahaha! :tongue1:

Guest east539

Bro Ah Hwee,

Not koon yet arh???

or U 2 go & discuss abt. it rather than Unker married no one in the end.....wahahahaha! :tongue1:

blurr..unker, you talking to me ah??? i got say want the blub meh??? you say wrong name right?? should be "bro ah heng" lah.....wahahaha...unker call name call salah name...must be sleepy liao... ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

yar yar, mine is halogen, ok swee!! that mean still can use the level function.

Dun keep on paralysis through analysis - go for it man!...Action! ...Camera!...Scene 1...Tape 1....Cheong....muahahaha! ;D

Only $100 a pop + installation cost only nia mah.

Another Bro here maybe also wanna go ahead like U too.

Let me lead U to the $100 poison....swee boh???......hurhurhurhur!!!! :ninja:

http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html

Guest kepiting1sg

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can this bulb fit my fog lamp too????? if can, i confirm want!!

Ah Wong arh!

BlackMerc & I did it!

The $100 H11 HID fogs sipeh swee....boh chow chwee!!!!

Off course they can be used for your fogs.....time to take your medicine Wong!....ahem! I mean poison....wakakaka!!!! :clap:

Guest ehwwong

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can this bulb fit my fog lamp too????? if can, i confirm want!!

Ah Wong arh!

BlackMerc & I did it!

The $100 H11 HID fogs sipeh swee....boh chow chwee!!!!

Off course they can be used for your fogs.....time to take your medicine Wong!....ahem! I mean poison....wakakaka!!!! :clap:

ok lah.. mai tu liao.. i go order the H11 single beam now

Guest NewC180

Bro Ah Heng,

Not koon yet arh???

Unker, don't make confuse leh, continue your bulb selling discussion back to your private ad thread la.. see my proposal there, swee swee no run chwee one...

Guest drift838

Am actually thinking of getting the C63 bi-xenon with darken light housing from benzline to get a fiercer look.

If look carefully, the design of the projectors in the bi-xenon looks more elegant in my view.

If going for just the HID blubs, it will be a simple job, but am planning to go all the way with fitting the whole bi-xenon headlight cluster. Am awaiting quote from C&C as well.

Guest kepiting1sg

Am actually thinking of getting the C63 bi-xenon with darken light housing from benzline to get a fiercer look.

If look carefully, the design of the projectors in the bi-xenon looks more elegant in my view.

If going for just the HID blubs, it will be a simple job, but am planning to go all the way with fitting the whole bi-xenon headlight cluster. Am awaiting quote from C&C as well.

Was told that once your ride did not go for the Bi-Xenon option, it's quite some work and $$$ to retrofit the Bi-Xenon inclusive of the auto-levellers.

If U have decided to go for the original Bi-Xenon, make sure they are inclusive of the auto-levellers

• 2 months later...
Guest LeeCH

Have you got yourself a qoute on this yet? Mind to share wth me? Thanks.