• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Squeaking sound when getting out of the car

Guest ripclaw

Guest ripclaw

nt sure if any other bros have this "problem", when i'm getting out of the car, there is a squeaking sound coming from the rear right. you wld think i'm fat but i'm 68kg. wonder if its the suspension or anything like dat.....

Guest ehwwong

i don't think its normal for you to hear about squeaking noise from the suspension.. better get it check, it may be a worn out bushing or something if your car has aged.

Guest rmjunior

I encounter the squeaking sound as well...but not everytime when getting out of the car...if I remember correctly, the display unit in the showroom has that sound as well...wonder what could be the problem? suspension?

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Squeaking sound from rear wheels when you are getting in and out of your B-Class?

Very likely to be the rear brakes. If you pull the handbrakes up very high, it tends to squeak.

Try it out.... if you didn't pull the handbrake, see if still squeaks....

May not want/ need to pull too high for handbrakes unless you are on a slope. In fact, on a flat ground, I don't even use my foot brake. ;D

With car in "P"ark mode, the car cannot move anyway.

Guest cisconet

Driving a B170 as well. I was told by C&C that it was caused by the handbrake. I was told try not to pull the handbrake when parking on flat surface and try, and indeed the sound disappear.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ripclaw

it seems to be much lesser now. maybe due to things starting to run in. but its a habit to pull the handbrake but now i dont pull it up as much. just one or two catches. seems to have reduced a lot. will keep monitoring.

Guest rmjunior

The squeaking sound is definitely due to the handbrake, personally I tried that...if I do not pull the handbrake, no sound when getting out of the car.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WNEO

I'm driving a B170 - i too got this Squeaking Sound.

Checked with the technician @ first 10K service - he confirm that it only happen when the handbrake is pulled.

Now 13K - still have the noise. :(

Guest NewC180

Why have a handbrake in the car when you're not supposed to pull it ???

Doesn't sound logical to me. If the sound comes from the handbrake, AD should solve the problem and not ask customers not to pull the handbrake on flat roads right???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jean Tan

HaHa.. I have this squeaking sound since day 1 of driving my B170. I am used to the sound, just regret to buy it lah....I never experienced funny problems like this squeaking sound, car suddenly stalled in a slope, aircon outlet plastic louvre crack and the driver seat back support lever break in other brand of cars. Very disappointed, have to keep going to the C&C workshop to fix up the problems. I will never buy any Merce in future.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aspade

hahaha.. :yumyum: sounds bad. I certainly hoped C&C does a good rectification for you.. at least not for me...

I'm surprised reading so much of horror stories and dis-satisfaction here. I have none of the problems except self-inflicted ones like tire punctures.

I think affected owners should continue to work with C&C to resolve the issues with their car. If they continue to close one eye and kept giving you the excuse "this is a problem with all B class", then complaints should be sent to both CASE and Daimler. After all, the "professional" labor fees they charged for each maintenance is bloody high.