• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Aceleration booster for Merc

Guest triple8

Guest triple8

mbm and benzline has this for merc

i'm thinking of trying it

cos i cant get used to the low torque of W203(C200) at the lower revs b4 the Kompressor kicks in , compared to my previous ride bmw E46(2.2L)

Anyone here tried it b4? care to share or comment?

Txs mates..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thumbs up for the Sprint Booster. Best part they can install for u to try...not happy just take out no charge. Whats there to complain?

Once u put it in...you wont want to take out..

hmm sounds like something I did last nite

:P

Guest triple8

how much u paid? which one u choose mbm or benxline?

how the furel consumption?

Cos after that, i may do re-map to C230 specs , i think it cost 2K plus.. power is oni 193horses ya

i'm thinking which one to do first? remap or boosters? cos if remap can help the low torque then boosters i skip...

Its now cost $420. I got it at MBM. Benzline charge the same price. Then again of course I rather get it done at a workshop compared to a boutique if you know what I mean.

Have not venture into remaping so no comments. Only done the kleemann pulley.

Guest triple8

420 for bossters. pulley? I did the pulley for my bmw b4.. cant really notice the difference..

how u felt after the boosters? really MUCH faster or just a little?

Its actually the feel i get when i step full gas. It gives me the feel of power and acceleration and it is more responsive after installation. I would recommend u drop by MBM and install it and feel it yourself.

Try it...don't like just take it out no charge..less than 2 mins to do that. :)

I may think its good while u might think otherwise...by having said that I think I would recommend it.

Guest CBlack

no worries, i think i will just do that... txs for sharing, aprreaciate it.

hi, i've the spring booster and many other bros here have it installed too. it gives better acceleration but there is no power gain.

Guest CBlack

Come to think about it....someone is getting his W204 soon. How about lelong your sprint booster at rock bottom price for members only. :o

the w204 has the same engine as the w203 ie the M271 so all the performance mods like k box, header, intercooler, spring booster, etc will be transferred over ;D

Guest triple8

Seemed like the fellow forumers here, are all giving thumps up for this spring booster. Iwill have to do this then..

Remap, anyone here done it? Any comments? Cheers.

Seemed like the fellow forumers here, are all giving thumps up for this spring booster. Iwill have to do this then..

Remap, anyone here done it? Any comments? Cheers.

change your kompressor to 230, change pulley, add K-box, header, than re-map!

you will see the difference! really lots of rush!

Guest triple8

kepiting1sg ]

Hallo?...Wey!!!..phone.gif ....wey!!! wey!! wey!!!.hp.gif

...Hallo!! Hallo!....phone.gif...Wey!!!hp.gif Hi!!!

Someone looking for a C230 Supercharger??

I have just the want U are looking for!!!!....heheheh! wrote:

Sure will look for u this coming gathering if ur there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How does an sprint booster work? Does it only increase acceleration at lower revs or does it increase overall acceleration? Plus are there any drawbacks to installing one aside from increased FC?

Guest RRRoaring

Great device for improving acceleration profile so that you do not need to have a heavy right foot all the time. I've had this in the car almost from new for a year now and so far no complaints. Driving and acceleration tend to be a bit more jerky but the solution is to get C&C to reprogrmme the transmission after fitting the SB. This smoothens the acceleration profile and you get the enhanced acceleration profile with less jerkiness.

How does an sprint booster work? Does it only increase acceleration at lower revs or does it increase overall acceleration? Plus are there any drawbacks to installing one aside from increased FC?