• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SL350 or SLK350?

Guest toycarz

Guest toycarz

Hi Guys/Gals,

A quick intro abt myself. I am new to this forum and lately was looking for a SLK350. But recently I saw a SL350 in pretty good condition....Heart kinda moved a bit :tongue1:

The price kinda high coz the used SL350 (coming 5 yrs), topup about 20-30k can get a new SLK350 :surrender: Hope to get some advice the key difference between the two that differentiate these 2 so much in price?

Thank! :iconsalut:

Guest ACSLK

Hi toycarz,

go for the new SLK350 (7G-tronic) (Brand new vs a coming to 5 years SL :banghead:). i think the present SL is not 7 G-tronic....if i am not wrong.......

happy searching......hope you get the SLK350......... :clap:

Cheers............... :rockon:

Guest Sareve

Hi toycarz,

go for the new SLK350 (7G-tronic) (Brand new vs a coming to 5 years SL :banghead:). i think the present SL is not 7 G-tronic....if i am not wrong.......

happy searching......hope you get the SLK350......... :clap:

Cheers............... :rockon:

You're wrong, I'm not sure if it is an option, but my friend's SL500 has it.

Guest ACSLK

Hi Sareve,

FL SL350 yes it is 7 G-tronic but the 04 (version) SL350 not sure it is 7 G-tronic i think only 6 G....

SL500 logically should be 7 G-tronic.......

:rockon:

Guest Sareve

I've got the 05 SL, its only got 5 gears, but I've seen other SL350s with the 7-G tronic logo on the road, which leads me to suspect that it might have been an option.

Guest redhood

The two cars are very different cars. If u are into luxury, comfort n presence, the SL is probably a better bet. If you are a bit more aggressive by nature, can take the low ride n the bumps from the road, n dun mind getting evil looks from boy racers, then SLK is more like u. I always felt that if u are not in the market for a small (cramped) roadster, then u might wanna give SLK a miss.

On value, since u are willing to consider a 5yr SL, why not buy a 1 or 2yr old SLK n save a bundle?

I always tell pp that the K stands for 'kid'. Haha! Just my 2cts

Guest Otsego

depend, if i can change i would go for the SL

Haha, did you manage to fix all the traction issues on your SLK350 after changing rims?

yea, but i just got another battle scar...lol

Jeff saw it.

hes solution: change back to 225tyres

reason i like the SL more is(after i sat in yours) i feel more like a Gentleman while the SLK make me a hooligan

Guest toycarz

The two cars are very different cars. If u are into luxury, comfort n presence, the SL is probably a better bet. If you are a bit more aggressive by nature, can take the low ride n the bumps from the road, n dun mind getting evil looks from boy racers, then SLK is more like u. I always felt that if u are not in the market for a small (cramped) roadster, then u might wanna give SLK a miss.

On value, since u are willing to consider a 5yr SL, why not buy a 1 or 2yr old SLK n save a bundle?

I always tell pp that the K stands for 'kid'. Haha! Just my 2cts

Thanks for sharing, appreciate that. Yup, that is my intention but no SLK350 for sale atm. Anyway, still got car to drive, just wait and see first :)

Guest ACSLK

Hi toycarz,

what about SLK280? there are 2 units on the sgcarmart....(1 FL White and 1 PFL Black with full AMG kit) :clap:

there's also 1 unit, SLK350 but 05 ride with Lambo door................

Happy searching for you ride........

Cheers

Guest toycarz

Hi toycarz,

what about SLK280? there are 2 units on the sgcarmart....(1 FL White and 1 PFL Black with full AMG kit) :clap:

there's also 1 unit, SLK350 but 05 ride with Lambo door................

Happy searching for you ride........

Cheers

Thanks man. Saw the white color 280 after my posting, not bad. The black one with AMG kit has 3 owners liow, think will give it a pass. IIRC, that 350 was on sale a while back and mileage is already near 90k, think will pass also.

Let me go check out the white one this weekend. :)

Guest toycarz

What are your requirements in the first place?

Quite simple actually :) 4 key requirements :

1) Able to transform in 22 seconds

2) Fast acceleration (5-6 sec century sprint)

3) AMG Body kit - I am a sucker for quad exhaust and nice big rims

4) Not too old (2 years +-) <-- Flexible if car in good condition and mileage low

Guest ACSLK

Hi toycarz,

Quite simple actually 4 key requirements :

1) Able to transform in 22 seconds - SLK sure can...

2) Fast acceleration (5-6 sec century sprint) - this 1 must do some modding.....

3) AMG Body kit - I am a sucker for quad exhaust and nice big rims - no problem can always give MBM a visit...

4) Not too old (2 years +-) <-- Flexible if car in good condition and mileage low - the white SLK then on sgcarmart....

now got a 09 grey (gun metal) SLK but is a SLK200 maybe abit slow for your case but can always do Kleemann upgrade) :rockon:

Mai Tu Liao..... :clap:

cheers

Guest redhood

Stock SLK 350 listed 0-100 is 5.5s, but real life probably a bit slower. Depending on enhancements n weight of passengers, should fit ur bill. Mine is already frighteningly fast for me.