• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Long Drive

Guest qes78

Guest qes78

So I finally renewed the W124 for 10 year....and what do I do immediately after that????Take it for a long drive of course.

Day 1: Went via NS highway to Fraser's Hill

Day 2: Back down to KL

Day 3: To Port Dickson and via route 5 (Coastal Route) to Muar

Day 4: Took the Old route 1 all the way back to JB then home

The car was performing well. Cept for my Antennae that flew off (!!!!) the car when I was driving on day 1 in excess of 160kmh.....the car did alright on the other roads. Soaked up the bumps well and never made any noise. Took lotsa stuff in the boot too! Overall, quite happy with the car. Overtaking was a pain though, then again, I am more used to a faster car!

:)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wuyiche

any pictures?

So I finally renewed the W124 for 10 year....and what do I do immediately after that????Take it for a long drive of course.

The car was performing well. Cept for my Antennae that flew off (!!!!) the car when I was driving on day 1 in excess of 160kmh.....the car did alright on the other roads. Soaked up the bumps well and never made any noise. Took lotsa stuff in the boot too! Overall, quite happy with the car. Overtaking was a pain though, then again, I am more used to a faster car!

wow liao , never chio me!!

I also need to burnt carbon!

Guest qes78

Will upload pics when I've got the time.

U sure u want to convoy in a merc with a 5 month old baby boy? Lotsa stops to change diapers and etc man....not exactly very fun.

Somemore because of the Long weekend, i keep having to stop and check out hotels for rooms.....lol...keep driving around in circles in towns I'm not familiar with...hhahahaha

Must say I'm overall quite happy with the car. It served me well. Anyone know where i can get my antenna replaced? Maybe I can replace it from the one i have off my Miata. Or off a S2k. Or get an interior one...hmmmmmm........

Guest kepiting1sg

Must say I'm overall quite happy with the car. It served me well. Anyone know where i can get my antenna replaced? Maybe I can replace it from the one i have off my Miata. Or off a S2k. Or get an interior one...hmmmmmm........

Probably U get get 1 from the scrap yard and get an accessories shop to replace it for U.

Propel Auto Parts Pte Ltd

28 Kranji Road

http://www.propel-auto.com/accessories.php

Guest jameslhm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest qes78

wuyiche ]

any pictures?

Day 1: Went via NS highway to Fraser' wrote:

Pictures are here at facebook, but warning! It's mostly of me and my family, no car photos and some background shots.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=107298&id=638372789&saved#/album.php?aid=107289&id=638372789

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=107298&id=638372789&saved#/album.php?aid=107294&id=638372789

Guest wuyiche

thanks for the warning on "no car photos"... you have a good looking family... but wanna see car photos on the drive you did.. i had a W124 couple of years ago, but never dared take it up for fear it may break down midway. Can imagine you trying to overtake ;D I still have "fond" memories of that in my car...

The drive to fraser's should have been quite nice... :punk1:

qes78 ]

wuyiche ]

any pictures?

Day 1: Went via NS highway to Fraser' wrote:

Pictures are here at facebook, but warning! It' wrote:

Guest qes78

I had the same fears too, trust me, and overtaking was an exercise in patience. have to plan in advance, floor the bugger, and try to go deaf when the rpms go over 4k....

The drive up Fraser's was the part i enjoyed the most actually. i think the car's quite torquey, so it was not much of a problem climbing up, even at the steep portions and the Gap.

wuyiche ]

thanks for the warning on "no car photos"... you have a good looking family... but wanna see car photos on the drive you did.. i had a W124 couple of years ago, but never dared take it up for fear it may break down midway. Can imagine you trying to overtake wrote:

any pictures?

Pictures are here at facebook, but warning! It's mostly of me and my family, no car photos and some background shots.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=107298&id=638372789&saved#/album.php?aid=107289&id=638372789

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=107298&id=638372789&saved#/album.php?aid=107294&id=638372789