• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WTB-AMG parts ----- FOUND

Guest dewey

Guest dewey

I'm looking for AMG parts for W211.

-AMG Instrument Cluster

-AMG Seats

can be either brand new or used.

Thanks.

manage to get the parts.... tks for reading....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Benzline manage to order the parts for me... juz collected my instrument cluster today, seats r on e way.

now got prob with the coding...

hey dewey, glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

btw care to share some pix of the cluster and what was the damage?

cheers!

Guest dewey

tks..

cluster still in box.. now waiting for the coding frm the other side.. most likely to be installed nex week.

promise will post the pics once i install it.

(but i duno how to post pics...)

Guest angela

I'm looking for AMG parts for W211.

-AMG Instrument Cluster

-AMG Seats

can be either brand new or used.

Thanks.

manage to get the parts.... tks for reading....

wats an instument cluster??

Guest dewey

Instrument Cluster installed.....

It took abt 13hrs to complete the whole process of installation & programming...

many times of testing & error, many rounds of test driving....

Guest CBlack

It took abt 13hrs to complete the whole process of installation & programming...

looks good! where did you get it installed?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

Bro

Well done. I admire you for your patience in doing this mod. Congrats! I thought about doing the same mod but was wondering how they would calibrate the AMG speedometer with the higher max speed of 320 kmh to a non-AMG W211.

I drive a pre-facelifted W211 with white Advantgarde speedometer. Would you mind if I contacted you as I would like to get some info on this mod from you? Thanks.

DJ

Bro

Well done. I admire you for your patience in doing this mod. Congrats! I thought about doing the same mod but was wondering how they would calibrate the AMG speedometer with the higher max speed of 320 kmh to a non-AMG W211.

I drive a pre-facelifted W211 with white Advantgarde speedometer. Would you mind if I contacted you as I would like to get some info on this mod from you? Thanks.

DJ

hehe some more poison gone in to DJ!!

the speedo issue is not a very big prob, needle will move according to ur car's spec.

the toughest part is to transforming the cluster into a Hybrid.

i say hybrid cos there is certain functions not included in the AMG cluster (ex. auto folding mirrors), & there is functions frm the AMG cluster tat our cars don't have (ex. batt/volt indicator, timer...)

if u choose to take the AMG cluster settings, u hav to giv up on ur avantgarde setting, same goes the other way round.

i insisted to hav both, tats to erase all data settings frm the AMG cluster, & re-programme a new set of functions & codings (more then 10000 codes... i saw the whole freaking list & its crazy!). this is the time consuming part...

bottom line... IT'S WORTH IT!

u can always reach me at my mobile.

93820302 - Dewey.

Cheers~~

Guest angela

Bro

Thanks. I'll call you one of these days to chat. I would like to know how much it cost you to do this mod and which workshop did it for you, but let's do this offline.

Love to find out more about what you have done to your car. My W211 E320 ia modded to look like a AMG E55 since it is a pre-facelift model. I have quite a few AMG-themed parts in my car, including AMG bodykit, quad-pipes and mufflers, AMG rims, AMG 8-pot front brakes and 4-pot rear brakes & a steering wheel with "paddle-shift" buttons. I thought I have almost run out of things to mod on my car but I have not done the mods you are doing or planning to do to your car.

Bro

Thanks. I'll call you one of these days to chat. I would like to know how much it cost you to do this mod and which workshop did it for you, but let's do this offline.

Love to find out more about what you have done to your car. My W211 E320 ia modded to look like a AMG E55 since it is a pre-facelift model. I have quite a few AMG-themed parts in my car, including AMG bodykit, quad-pipes and mufflers, AMG rims, AMG 8-pot front brakes and 4-pot rear brakes & a steering wheel with "paddle-shift" buttons. I thought I have almost run out of things to mod on my car but I have not done the mods you are doing or planning to do to your car.

I believe dewey done even more than you DJ, so he is going to POISON you more hehehe!!

his steering wheel is the BLACK SERIES type with paddle shift if i'm right!

Guest angela

the speedo issue is not a very big prob, needle will move according to ur car's spec.

the toughest part is to transforming the cluster into a Hybrid.

i say hybrid cos there is certain functions not included in the AMG cluster (ex. auto folding mirrors), & there is functions frm the AMG cluster tat our cars don't have (ex. batt/volt indicator, timer...)

if u choose to take the AMG cluster settings, u hav to giv up on ur avantgarde setting, same goes the other way round.

i insisted to hav both, tats to erase all data settings frm the AMG cluster, & re-programme a new set of functions & codings (more then 10000 codes... i saw the whole freaking list & its crazy!). this is the time consuming part...

bottom line... IT'S WORTH IT!

u can always reach me at my mobile.

93820302 - Dewey.

Cheers~~

but if mine is just a normal w211 classic model...can i change too?? n if change will face with wat prob??

my black series steering still on the way... not yet arrive.

pre-facelift 211s would hav to buy new airbag, then no prob.

no matter drv wat car oso same, modding is never ending lah... i starting to control liao.. wife making lotsa noise...

cheers~

• 3 weeks later...

hi dewey,

MBM has sold all your parts and bodykit. let us know if you have more w211 parts to let go rather than trade in and we can then consider buying over.

regards, allen (four_eggs)

i hav to check with them, i hav been out of town since 27th, be back on 1st, 3rd flying off again for another week.

once i come back, i will go down to MBM personally to check on my parts for u.

i might be letting go of my E63 rear boot spoiler (still considering....)