• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Warning message appearing...

Guest glenchia

Guest glenchia

Hi folks,

Got 2 warning messages appearing (2nd time) in a week since my first 1000km servicing...

1. ESP Inoperative See Owner's Manual

2. Run Flat Indicator Inoperative

The message will disappear after I restart the car again... and tonight was the second time it appear...

Question 1: Is it a software bug/issue or problem with the car parts ESP? There isnt any warning indicators after I restart my car and during my day to day driving.

Question 2: Can I wait till the next servicing to get it address or need immediate attention to fix it?

Wish I could contribute more in sharing good stuff rather than all these issues that been encountering.. ::)

Cheers!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest hwong

Hi folks,

Got 2 warning messages appearing (2nd time) in a week since my first 1000km servicing...

1. ESP Inoperative See Owner's Manual

2. Run Flat Indicator Inoperative

The message will disappear after I restart the car again... and tonight was the second time it appear...

Question 1: Is it a software bug/issue or problem with the car parts ESP? There isnt any warning indicators after I restart my car and during my day to day driving.

Question 2: Can I wait till the next servicing to get it address or need immediate attention to fix it?

Wish I could contribute more in sharing good stuff rather than all these issues that been encountering..  ::)

Cheers!

Hi glenchia, it is a problem to answer question 1.

For question 2, should not be a problem with regular driving rules on SG roads, so just highlight the issue on your next servicing.

If you feel you need the ESP on, then send it for repair ASAP.

I had the same issue after 23K mileage, drove until almost 26K before sending for repair.

ESP Inoperative/Run Flat Indicator Inoperative, bet your Cruise Control also inoperative when you try to use it when the fault appears.

I sent my ride in for repair at no cost.

Car was left at MBC for 1.5 days.

Cheers.

Guest glenchia

Hi hwong and sareve,

Thanks for ur prompt respose! 8.)

fully agreed tat it needs to be "treated"...but I am a car slave..meaning I need to be with my car 24x7...haha

on a serious note, I need to find some time next week to get it down to the MBM...

so far my observation is that if I switch off the ESP, then the Yellow ! indicator will light up and when I switch it back On, all is good.

probably narrow down to the software issue/bug (which I could be wrong wrong)...

I remembered couple a days back a similar indicators issues in one of the topics..still hoping that someone could shed some light! :pray:

Cheers

Guest Sareve

Not having ESP is not really a problem, I always turn it off anyway. But the error messages you have may be indicative of a more serious problem, such as a failed brake rotor that's interfering with your ESP's ability to operate or something like this. I just read about a very similar problem in another forum where a guy had to spend over 10k replacing some MASSIVE damage that was caused because he ignored a few error messages, thinking they were just small problems.

Guest hwong

Hi hwong and sareve,

Thanks for ur prompt respose! 8.)

fully agreed tat it needs to be "treated"...but I am a car slave..meaning I need to be with my car 24x7...haha

on a serious note, I need to find some time next week to get it down to the MBM...

so far my observation is that if I switch off the ESP, then the Yellow ! indicator will light up and when I switch it back On, all is good.

probably narrow down to the software issue/bug (which I could be wrong wrong)...

I remembered couple a days back a similar indicators issues in one of the topics..still hoping that someone could shed some light! :pray:

Cheers

I car slave too!

Just love driving it!

I shared my experience at the servicing topic.

For my case, the warning light came on and cannot be switched off, as in enabling the ESP.

This is a ESP module fault and I requested it to be replaced under warranty.

Anyway, do meet up this week end during the regular meet up!

See you there!

I remembered 9339 had his ESP module changed too. So this may be a common problem for some W204, better to get it changed asap.

Yes, mine ESP sensor found faulty with this "ESP Inoperative See Owner's Manual". Got MBM to sent in C&C to get it replace, common fault on W204.

As for question 2 it could also possible with a faulty sensor, and did you change your Rims / tyre size ?

Guest glenchia

Hi 9339,

I WISH that too for Question 2! :D

Unfortunately, no leh.. But I have been ensuring my tyre pressure are maintained once every 2-3 weeks.

That leaves the nagging thingy of treating the ESP..called MBM this morning and the answer is need to wheel it back to C&C 'A&E' for 1-2 days fixing.

Well, end of the day glad that I am not the odd one out to kena but more assuring that all these issues can be rectified. :bboyspin:

Cheers!