• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Oil Pressure Gauge

Guest won

Hi Guys! i believe there were questions asked previously about this issue but couldn't find it. Mine is at 3 when cold and on the move for about 15 mins. Thereafter, it will drop to 2.5 and sometimes maybe 2.2 when stopping at road junction. Is this normal? What is the recommended level? I read somewhere in the forum and someone mentioned that his car's gauge level was always maintained at 3. Anyway, mine is a '93 model W124, 16V.

:punk1:

Guest clarkewan

my 95 masterpiece stills at 3.....

my fil 95 masterpiece varies....

now after his engine is overhauled and piston ring changed....

stays at 3.....

stable....

that is the thing i can tell u for now....

hope u can get more answers....

my mileage when i gotten my car 116k km....

my fil when gotten his car 168k km.....

but his was in a bad shape....

but now it is in very good shape....

:D :D :D

after spending close to 7k already!!!!

some dealer r adjusting the the throttle cable to make sure the car dun die off. it hides throttle boby problem. for those throttlebodies that have love idle problem

Guest clarkewan

after changing...

the car feels new...

stable...no unnecessary jerking...

worth it still...

less than 700$...

brand new siemens vdo throttle body with the computer thingy there....

Hi Guys! i believe there were questions asked previously about this issue but couldn't find it. Mine is at 3 when cold and on the move for about 15 mins. Thereafter, it will drop to 2.5 and sometimes maybe 2.2 when stopping at road junction. Is this normal? What is the recommended level? I read somewhere in the forum and someone mentioned that his car's gauge level was always maintained at 3. Anyway, mine is a '93 model W124, 16V.

:punk1:

Mine is 92-model 8V. Same behaviour too - when moving it shows 3, but when stopped (especially when brake pedal depressed) it shows around 2.5... so is this normal?

Guest MBfallshirmjager

Do you guys service on a 5000km basis or 10,000km basis huh? :la: Mine currently is on a 10,000km basis because the first service my W124 used synthetic oil. I am thinking once my car hit 10,000km to be due for servicing, I may switch to mineral oil and then send for regular service on a 5000km basis. ::)

Guest clarkewan

i am on a mineral oil base and with some additives...

did at top speed motors....

they are good!!

i rather pay on every 5000km mineral oil service than 10k km syn oil service....

old engine definitely needs more natural lubricants...

cheers...

just my opinion....

Guest mr w124

Yup. i use semi syn. supposed to change avery 8000km but the oil usually burns off by 7000 n the warning light comes on so will change then. i will prob continue with semi syn n change every 500km to be on the safe side. was using mineral before. when switched to semi syn, could feel the power difference.

Guest MBfallshirmjager

OK...Thanks for the inputs chums! Point noted. My next servicing when it hits 10,000km, I'll ask the workshop to change it to semi-synthetic oil.

Cheerios!