• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Leather seats

Guest ratsgoh

Guest ratsgoh

I was given an option to upgrade my B Class with Full leather upholstery. I was wondering if any brothers here can share the colours they chose? Currently, I am deciding between cognac brown and faint red... My car is black.

Can anyone also advise me if they managed to get their door boards replaced with leather as well?

Any comments appreciated.

Guest blackmercs

Hi, u mean yrs factory fitted leather or aftermarket? If factory fitted, choose cognac brown. Mine is not factory fitted, yes the side board can be with fitted leather as shown below. Please do note that my ride is diff from yrs. If yr SE is kind enough, change the arm rest same as per yr upholstery color too!!! Btw, my car is black too. If you wan to be super special, paint yr front dash board and both sides of yr central panel too, yes it can be done despite the material is leather but is going to cost u. I didnt do it, as i money not enough!!!

cheers

CIMG0503.jpg

CIMG0502.jpg

Guest 777kenny

Cognac brown will look good with black interior :thumbsup:

The door panel can be changed to leather too as the whole thing is wrapped in fabric originally. I'm sure it can only be done aftermarket and not OEM.

I ever thought of wrapping the whole dash in leather...hehe >:D

Guest knighthunter

I was given an option to upgrade my B Class with Full leather upholstery. I was wondering if any brothers here can share the colours they chose? Currently, I am deciding between cognac brown and faint red... My car is black.

Can anyone also advise me if they managed to get their door boards replaced with leather as well?

Any comments appreciated.

How much you paid for this upgrade? It was quoted $6.6k last time damn ex and mine was stock so no option for full leather upgrade.

Guest ratsgoh

Blackmercs,

Bro, is that a B class?? Don't seems to look like it lei.. Anyway, the leather u have is nice, is it cognac brown and locally installed? Can u send me more pictures of your interior? Sorry to trouble you but I need to make the decision in these few days to take delivery earlier than planned. Thanks for sharing..

Guest blackmercs

Blackmercs,

Bro, is that a B class?? Don't seems to look like it lei.. Anyway, the leather u have is nice, is it cognac brown and locally installed? Can u send me more pictures of your interior? Sorry to trouble you but I need to make the decision in these few days to take delivery earlier than planned. Thanks for sharing..

Bru mine is a CLC coupe is not a chio B class. Mine is not a cognac brown either, dun know wat brown is that as it is locally installed by the company name Tomo. U can pm me yr contacts, if u wanna to see it urgently as this is only two pics i can get hold of it. Go for cognac brown, u wont regret, since u have the option why not?? I wanted a cognac brown if i have the option. However, most of my kakis "ahem" love this matching brown leather seat with black...."ahem".....

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Hi,

From what I know, the B-Class door panels cannot be replaced. The Leather will be for the seats only. (Unless Tomo has found a way to do the doors)

Cognac brown or red is also nice. ;)

Cheers

Guest blackmercs

Hi,

From what I know, the B-Class door panels cannot be replaced. The Leather will be for the seats only. (Unless Tomo has found a way to do the doors)

Cognac brown or red is also nice. ;)

Cheers

Oh??? Can any kind soul here post the door panel of the B class? I m curious why it cant be done? Is there a air bag inside the door panel? is the material fabric or leather? Or the door panel couldnt be dismantled in the first place?

Guest ratsgoh

blackmercs ]

Hi,

Cognac brown or red is also nice. wrote:

Oh??? Can any kind soul here post the door panel of the B class? I m curious why it cant be done? Is there a air bag inside the door panel? is the material fabric or leather? Or the door panel couldnt be dismantled in the first place?

I heard its because of structural design, i.e. anti-crash metal rods by the panel..

Guest blackmercs

ratsgoh ]

Hi,

Cognac brown or red is also nice. wrote:

I heard its because of structural design, i.e. anti-crash metal rods by the panel..

Bru any pics to share, anti crash metal is between the exterior door and the door panels? No?

Guest 777kenny

The door panel is wrapped with fabric originally. The panel can be removed easily and there is no metal parts on its back. The fabric can easily be replaced with other materials. I've seen it myself when I got the door speakers replaced with aftermarket ones last time.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the B's Maintenance CD (which I bought on ebay) has a part on replacing the door fabric. I'll look into it again ;)

I did up my leather seats on my last ride with Jackspeed. Happy with their workmanship.

Guest ratsgoh

Bros,

Looks like I have no choice since I'll be registering my car tomorrow and I need to decide what colour to use for the seats. I reckoned I have to select brown. In addition, my SE refused to give me any rebates if I opt out of the full leather option (with the intention of doing it my own somewhere else) and he claims if I were to do my leather elsewhere, unless its from authorised C&C agent, my warranty might be voided as external leather house not authorised by C&C are not authorised to dismantle the seats which may affect the safety aspect of the vehicle.. I thought the B Class is able to have 80% of the seats removed? What safety gadgets are there inside the car????? Sianz.. I am feeling damn lousy even before I got delivery of this car...

Guest blackmercs

Bros,

Looks like I have no choice since I'll be registering my car tomorrow and I need to decide what colour to use for the seats. I reckoned I have to select brown. In addition, my SE refused to give me any rebates if I opt out of the full leather option (with the intention of doing it my own somewhere else) and he claims if I were to do my leather elsewhere, unless its from authorised C&C agent, my warranty might be voided as external leather house not authorised by C&C are not authorised to dismantle the seats which may affect the safety aspect of the vehicle.. I thought the B Class is able to have 80% of the seats removed? What safety gadgets are there inside the car????? Sianz.. I am feeling damn lousy even before I got delivery of this car...

Hey bro dont feel bad ya, enjoy yr ride.

Guest ratsgoh

Finally sorted out the leather colour, it will be 2 tones, black by the side and red in the inner backrest and seats. Hoped it turn out nice. I will be collecting my ride next weekend....

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Finally sorted out the leather colour, it will be 2 tones, black by the side and red in the inner backrest and seats. Hoped it turn out nice. I will be collecting my ride next weekend....

That should be quite nice bro.... ^-^

Give me a shout when you come and collect your car....

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TuMMyBeaR

Congrates on collecting your car today bro.... You just missed ehwong who collected his just an hour earlier from you.... 8.)