• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

keyless entry

Guest mercbenz

Guest mercbenz

Hi guys, i am new here. had a w211 E class for 1 1/2 years. During this period, had the front passenger and driver door handle replaced because cannot response to keyless entry. Does anyone here had similiar experience. Recently when turning left down a slope, right wheel has a creaking noise. C&C checked the suspension and said nothing is wrong so hope if any experts here could give some advice.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi guys, i am new here. had a w211 E class for 1 1/2 years. During this period, had the front passenger and driver door handle replaced because cannot response to keyless entry. Does anyone here had similiar experience. Recently when turning left down a slope, right wheel has a creaking noise. C&C checked the suspension and said nothing is wrong so hope if any experts here could give some advice.

:welcome: :welcome: Welcome Bro mercbenz!!! :welcome: :welcome:

We are having our mthly GTG on the last Sunday of each mth at Kallang Stadium Carpark F from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm.

Our next GTG will be next week Sunday 25th Apr '09 and we hope U can join us.

I am driving a pre-loved end 2007 W211 for the last 3 mths, so I cannot comment much on the keyless-go door handle problem.

As for your creaking noise, I am are no mechanic but I would recommend you to send it to our sponsor workshop MBM

for a check and a 2nd opinion of your problem.

Hope to see U soon! :welcome:

Guest mercbenz

Hi kepiting1sg,

Thanx for your reply. Mine is also a mid to end 2007 w211.

Thanx for your invitation to the gathering. I work on Sundays too but if free will come down.

Guest jies2

hahaha. i don't know why but my key seems to be a bit retarded. :yawn:

sometimes i try to unlock when my pants are already slapped to the door, it still says ' no key detected ' :2guns:

and sometimes when i try to start, the same thing comes again. :twinmfinger: i have to put the key in the middle compartment. :surrender:

C&C checked the key and said it fine. :o anyway, i'm asking them to help me again during this coming service. :yawn:

Guest funng

sometimes i try to unlock when my pants are already slapped to the door, it still says ' no key detected ' :2guns:

and sometimes when i try to start, the same thing comes again. :twinmfinger: i have to put the key in the middle compartment. :surrender:

C&C checked the key and said it fine. :o anyway, i'm asking them to help me again during this coming service. :yawn:

mine also like that. go until the door, still cannot open the door!

i was thinking it might be weak battery, you tried changing?

Guest jies2

funng ]

hahaha. i don' wrote:

mine also like that. go until the door, still cannot open the door!

i was thinking it might be weak battery, you tried changing?

hahaha i lost the latch to release the key! :yumyum:

haha, omg, i'm so slow. i'll go try the spare key. :tongue1:

Guest redhood

At ur next service, ask ur svc advisor to try opening n starting the car under ur parameters I.e. Key in ur pocket. If it doesn't work properly, they'll fix it. When u collect the car, enquire what they have done to try to fix the problem. Then check to see if it has been rectified before u take back the car. If not, bring the svc advisor to the car and repeat the exercise. Don't ever take "it's working fine" from them.

If it works for them but not for u, then u might need to wear thinner pants. ;-P

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Bro, another way is to once a while use the key to start the car, ie; slot key into keyhole to crank.

Drive it that way for a day and then see if its better.

It is advisable to use the key to start the car at least once a month. Its like old friends who have not met for years, cannot recognise each other anymore.... ;)

By using the key to start the car will not recharge the batteries, but rather to syncronise with the car.

If this method doesn't work, the other way to check if your key has battery is to use your handphone camera.

Switch on your camera and look at your phone's screen. Point the key to the camera lens which mean you can see your key from your phone's screen. With the key's remote lens pointing to the camera, press any button on the key. You will see a light shining from the key. If there's nothing, means the key's batteries are low.

You can change yourself or come back to C&C. It will cost arount $19 for a pair of batteries which they will change for you.

Hope this info is useful.

Cheers,

TuMMyBeaR aka Alvin Quah.

Guest narmi

Bro, from my experience, whenever there's some coins in the same pocket as the keys, that will always ''ïnterfere" when i open the door.

Do u usually have coins or other metalic object in the same pocket as the keys?

Also, if u do want to change the battery, the battery is actually alot cheaper to buy than at C&C.

It actually cost only 5 bucks for the batts..

Guest jies2
At ur next service, ask ur svc advisor to try opening n starting the car under ur parameters I.e. Key in ur pocket. If it doesn't work properly, they'll fix it. When u collect the car, enquire what they have done to try to fix the problem. Then check to see if it has been rectified before u take back the car. If not, bring the svc advisor to the car and repeat the exercise. Don't ever take "it's working fine" from them.

If it works for them but not for u, then u might need to wear thinner pants. ;-P

thanks redhood.

i'll definitely get them to find out why. >:D

in the meantime, i'll start wearing thinner pants! hahahah :angel1:

Guest jies2
Bro, another way is to once a while use the key to start the car, ie; slot key into keyhole to crank.

Drive it that way for a day and then see if its better.

It is advisable to use the key to start the car at least once a month. Its like old friends who have not met for years, cannot recognise each other anymore.... Wink

By using the key to start the car will not recharge the batteries, but rather to syncronise with the car.

If this method doesn't work, the other way to check if your key has battery is to use your handphone camera.

Switch on your camera and look at your phone's screen. Point the key to the camera lens which mean you can see your key from your phone's screen. With the key's remote lens pointing to the camera, press any button on the key. You will see a light shining from the key. If there's nothing, means the key's batteries are low.

You can change yourself or come back to C&C. It will cost arount $19 for a pair of batteries which they will change for you.

Hope this info is useful.

Cheers,

TuMMyBeaR aka Alvin Quah.

thanks alvin.

i'll try the synchro way.

btw the camera trick is super cool! :rockon:

both my keys blinked white light.. i think the batts are fine. :2guns:

i'll keep on monitoring it.. :whip2:

Guest jies2
Bro, from my experience, whenever there's some coins in the same pocket as the keys, that will always ''ïnterfere" when i open the door.

Do u usually have coins or other metalic object in the same pocket as the keys?

Also, if u do want to change the battery, the battery is actually alot cheaper to buy than at C&C.

It actually cost only 5 bucks for the batts..

thanks narmi.

hahaha i keep only the key in one pocket.

i'm so scared the coins or whatever will grind the keys and i'll be so :love9: haha

i'm not sure whether it's worth the premium buying the mercedes batteries. ahahaha

Guest angela

narmi ]

Bro, from my experience, whenever there' wrote:

thanks narmi.

hahaha i keep only the key in one pocket.

i'm so scared the coins or whatever will grind the keys and i'll be so :love9: haha

i'm not sure whether it's worth the premium buying the mercedes batteries. ahahaha

maybe u guys can try putting the keys in the coin part of the pants? i always put my key there with the buttons facing outward (for easy pressing) so i can open my boot before reaching the car.