• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Water Marks on my C-Class window

Guest echodeltax

Guest echodeltax

Something white dropped on my car window and is making a stain!! I dont know what it is, it could be paint or some chemical stuff.

The dirt is wiped off already, but when i spray with water can still see the stain!! It is now like water markings. When i wipe with tissue can feel that the area is not smooth.

I have used lemon with boiling hot water also cannot come off. I also tried window cleaners, multi-purpose cleaners all cannot work also!! What should i do??

Pls HELP!!

How come my new C-Class seem to be a magnet and target for stains, markings, etc!!!

Very kek sim.... my old car i heck care only after few years then kena all these problems, but this C-180 always so vulnerable!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kepiting1sg

Something white dropped on my car window and is making a stain!! I dont know what it is, it could be paint or some chemical stuff.

The dirt is wiped off already, but when i spray with water can still see the stain!! It is now like water markings. When i wipe with tissue can feel that the area is not smooth.

I have used lemon with boiling hot water also cannot come off. I also tried window cleaners, multi-purpose cleaners all cannot work also!! What should i do??

Pls HELP!!

How come my new C-Class seem to be a magnet and target for stains, markings, etc!!!

Very kek sim.... my old car i heck care only after few years then kena all these problems, but this C-180 always so vulnerable!!

Go & visit our official grooming sponsor Zaino @ Toh Guan Rd East. :welcome:

Check what Mr. Tay can do for you.

Guest blackmercs

Pls HELP!!

Did u try using RainX? Be caution, if u apply too much will cause yr wiper to judder!!! So apply moderate, apply one layer, wait for awhle when u can see the area starts to mist, then use damp cloth to wipe it clean. After that, use newspaper dip with water (dont soak) and clean it thoroughly!!! If not come to the meetup let us see how bad is the problem. If REALLY REALLY cant wait, smash the windscreen and claim insurance!!!! I m not kidding u!!! One of my friend ever done it, bcos the wiper juddering like 80'S disco!!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

Did u try using RainX? Be caution, if u apply too much will cause yr wiper to jugger!!! So apply moderate, apply one layer, wait for awhle when u can see the area starts to mist, then use damp cloth to wipe it clean. After that, use newspaper dip with water (dont soak) and clean it thoroughly!!! If not come to the meetup let us see how bad is the problem. If REALLY REALLY cant wait, smash the windscreen and claim insurance!!!! I m not kidding u!!! One of my friend ever done it, bcos the wiper jugglering like 80'S disco!!!!

Wa Brudder!...U the can & very hiong arh!!!...smashed windscreen & claim insurance summore!!. Lu eh sai!!! :thumbsup:

RainX repels rainwater quickly from the windscreen but I believe they cause windscreen wiper to judder.

If all things failed, I usually go back to my old bottle of Autoglym Glass Polish.

Guest echodeltax

No, I dont think smashing my window is going to be any fun...

Ok... maybe i will try using claybar method. have not used it before to polish my car. usually i use those liquid wax which is easier....

Can someone tell me how to do it exactly?? Thanks :)

Guest blackmercs

No, I dont think smashing my window is going to be any fun...

Ok... maybe i will try using claybar method. have not used it before to polish my car. usually i use those liquid wax which is easier....

Can someone tell me how to do it exactly?? Thanks :)

Ya smashing the windscreen is not an easy task, trust me!!! lolz. Tml u free? pm me yr hp nos, we meetup, u want? Btw, u sure the white thingy is not from human hor???

Guest echodeltax

Ok! the marking is 90% gone now!!

The secret....

DIY Shop not open yet so i decided to try and use my trusted old tube of Autosol and guess what...

IT WORKS!!

I used it with a damn cloth cos i worry that is too strong. Now the water-mark is almost gone, when i wipe it, the markings sort of blend into the glass, spread out away.... almost 90% cleared up!!

now at least is not so ugly. cannot really see when the glass is dry.

Thanks Bros for all your responsive advice and help!! This is the best forum!!

Guest blackmercs

The secret....

DIY Shop not open yet so i decided to try and use my trusted old tube of Autosol and guess what...

IT WORKS!!

I used it with a damn cloth cos i worry that is too strong. Now the water-mark is almost gone, when i wipe it, the markings sort of blend into the glass, spread out away.... almost 90% cleared up!!

now at least is not so ugly. cannot really see when the glass is dry.

Phew!!! So happy for u!!!

Guest echodeltax

Bro Echo.. u really sayang ur car like gf :D

If I can love my car so much, I can love my g/f even more....

But g/f can clean up herself when she gets dirty or stain.

So no need me to worry...hehehe....

But I got no g/f only wifey and baby.

So essentially my car is like my g/f!! hahaha....

Guest RedDevils

But g/f can clean up herself when she gets dirty or stain.

So essentially my car is like my g/f!! hahaha....

Wah... din know that your car can clean itself :D