• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

No illum light on ignition slot

Guest ripclaw

Guest ripclaw

hi all

i noticed there's no illum light on the key ignition (dunno correct term or not, basically where you slot the key to start the engine) so its quite dark and the angle of the slot makes it hard to insert the key. just a small gripe, wonder if any bro also have the same problem or ahve any tips to share on making it easier..... :wifstupid:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ripclaw

yes, room light is on, but the ignition slot area is dark because the room light is blocked by the steering wheel....which is why i'm surprised there's no illum there

Guest ripclaw

hmm....i didnt notice it either cos most of the time light will illuminate once i unlock it...will check out for it.

thats great. pls let us know if there is indeed no illum for the ignition switch on the B

Guest 777kenny

thats great. pls let us know if there is indeed no illum for the ignition switch on the B

The Ignition Switch on the B is NOT illuminated. I think we just have to set the all cabin lights (both the front & rear cabin lights) to auto-on when door is unlocked and that somehow makes the ignition area slightly more visible in the dark.

Guest ripclaw

ha ha......thank you for checking! now to see if got some glow in the dark thing for that area.....actually, come to think of it, even if its a circular glow in the dark paste-on, it will be useless cos the key is inserted at an angle. the glow in the dark will only tell you where it is, you still need to figure out the angle urself....hmmmm >:(

Guest knighthunter

ha ha......thank you for checking! now to see if got some glow in the dark thing for that area.....actually, come to think of it, even if its a circular glow in the dark paste-on, it will be useless cos the key is inserted at an angle. the glow in the dark will only tell you where it is, you still need to figure out the angle urself....hmmmm >:(

I just notice it as well, usually I saw in C and E class the key slot on the car is illuminated with the red dot window glowing but not in our B Klasse.

Guest ripclaw

ok. will go and buy those glow in the dark paint and paint around the ignition switch so that the outline of the key insertion is darkened. see if that works....hee...self mod