• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

iphone cannot bluetooth my address book Audio-20.

Guest daxchin

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blackmercs

I just bought an iphone, however I have problem trying to bluetooth my address book to my W204 C200 Audio-20.

Anyone can advice ??

Thanks.!

I m not the expert, last time my SE did the setup also fail bcos when prompt for password he key in 0000, i told him shld be 1234 for iphone and its works. Hope this helps.

Guest tategoi

I just bought an iphone, however I have problem trying to bluetooth my address book to my W204 C200 Audio-20.

Anyone can advice ??

Thanks.!

You probably need to upgrade your iPhone firmware to 3.0. Current v2.21 only allows bluetooth for headset. Please wait till summer.

Guest blackmercs

Anyone can advice ??

Thanks.!

You probably need to upgrade your iPhone firmware to 3.0. Current v2.21 only allows bluetooth for headset. Please wait till summer.

bru no need to upgrade lah, i m still on 1.1.1 firmware, 2G iphone!!! Able to sync with audio set.

Guest blackmercs

bro blackmercs

can advice how to sync??

thnx

Bru tategoi, yes my iphone is 2G got to jailbreak before can used in sg. I didnt bothered to upgrade my firmware since the day i got my iphone.

Bru daxchin, i really wanted to help you on this, i m a super noob in these areas. When i got my car, i ask my SE to sync it for me. Yrs is it from C&C? if yes, go back there and ask them to sync for u?? If not, i can try, but needs to tikam tikam for u lah. As mentioned on my previous reply, when prompt for password, key-in 1234 instead of 0000.

Guest tategoi

daxchin, what is the problem that you have?

(1) Transferring your contacts to Audi 20 via bluetooth, or

(2) Syncing your iPhone with Audio 20

If its (1), unless you have jail-broken your phone like what blackmercs had done, you have to wait for firmware v3.0, which is slated to be released only in summer. Current firmware only allows bluetooth to connect with a headset.

If its (2), please see below:

To establish a connection between the mobile phone and your Mercedes-Benz telephone system via Bluetooth, the mobile phone first needs to be switched on and Bluetooth needs to be activated on the mobile phone (see mobile phone operating instructions).

Mercedes-Benz telephone system: starting from the "TEL" basic menu of the Mercedes-Benz telephone system, select "Telephone" "List of phones" "Options" "External authorisation" and confirm.

The "Standing by for external authorisation..." message appears. The telephone system can now be recognised by mobile phones.

Mobile phone: starting in the basic display of the mobile phone, press the menu button.

Select “Settings” “General” “Bluetooth” .

Activate “Bluetooth”.

The "Bluetooth on", "Devices" and "Now detected" messages are displayed.

The iPhone searches for Bluetooth devices.

Once the search has been completed successfully, select the name of your Mercedes-Benz telephone system “MB Bluetooth”.

Mercedes-Benz telephone system: confirm the "Authorise my telephone?" message by selecting "Yes".

Entering the passcode in the Mercedes-Benz telephone system and the mobile phone

The passcode entry menu appears in the Mercedes-Benz telephone system.

The passcode is any one to sixteen-digit number which you can determine yourself. To achieve sufficient security for the telephone connection, please enter at least a four-digit number. You must enter the same number in the telephone system and on the mobile phone to be authorised.

Enter the digits in succession and confirm with "OK" (if necessary, correct your entry using "c" or cancel the entry with "Back").

Mobile phone: the dialogue window shows the “Enter PIN for MB Bluetooth” message.

Enter the same passcode as for the Mercedes-Benz telephone system.

Confirm the passcode with “Connect”.

The “Bluetooth / Device ‘MB Bluetooth’ Connected” message appears.

Press the “Home” button to return to the background display.

The display of the telephone system shows the name of the mobile phone once the connection has been established successfully.