• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Gene's New mod for SLK 200 - 171 - Air inlet pipe

Guest ladyseals80

Guest ladyseals80

On Behalf of Gene:

I bought a new SLK200 air inlet pipe and a V6 inlet pipe(right side only)... and cut and join... and the end result is ... see picture.

initially I feel the car is very light from 0 ~ 95km/hr... then from 105 ~ 120 there is a slight vibration, very slight..... however, the improvement caries from day to day.... I only tried on saturday and sunday.... Remember I said our ECU is very 'clever'' ha .. ha.... now its in a stage of constantly adjusting to the air intake parameter to the O2 sensor and the end result will know after about 500km coverage.....

Also, I just reset my ECU so it is also adjusting all A/F and driving profile data....

Will keep you posted.

cheers!

Gene-11-04-09_1211.jpg

ha... dont la.... still love my nic though.....

the front attached to the body is from your 350 engine.... the one attached to the engine side is from 200..... in between I added something else to direct the flow smoother and i cut away the center divider also.

At this moment, certain power range is better than stock...

Dear Boys and Girls..... No racing ok...... its illegal in Singapore you know....

Keep to speed limit and dont be a danger to other users.........

err... sounds good.. moderator?

Guest SgLaKsa

Yes Laksa!.... let's race! :clap: :clap: :clap:

where???? when????? hurry up!!!!!!!! :yawn: :yumyum:

Of course in Sepang track man, but not to race with you, just to try your fast and furious SLK200

Guest ladyseals80

haha... i guess if you have contributed something helpful to the forum u will earn urself some karma points????

no discounts of anything lah....

anyway dun OT too far leh.... this is air instake thread rite? hehe... ;)

Guest SgLaKsa

haha... i guess if you have contributed something helpful to the forum u will earn urself some karma points????

anyway dun OT too far leh.... this is air instake thread rite? hehe... ;)

Oh yah air intake topic. Wow Gene your air intake mod very power man, wanna race in Sepang? Oops, me drifted to race again ;D ;D ;D I really did tried not to OT lah sis Rosalind :tazzie: :tazzie: :tazzie: kakaka

Guest Andlee

SgLaKsa ]

anyway dun OT too far leh.... this is air instake thread rite? hehe... wrote:

Oh yah air intake topic. Wow Gene your air intake mod very power man, wanna race in Sepang? Oops, me drifted to race again ;D ;D ;D I really did tried not to OT lah sis Rosalind :tazzie: :tazzie: :tazzie: kakaka

Wow Ben...u like to race so much nowadays and yet, you can hit 700 plus KM for your full tank....you really have an amazingly fast and fuel efficient car..hahaha..the faster u drive, the less fuel you use... really amazing...:bboyspin:..

Guest SgLaKsa

Andlee ]

SgLaKsa ]

Oh yah air intake topic. Wow Gene your air intake mod very power man, wanna race in Sepang? Oops, me drifted to race again wrote:

Wow Ben...u like to race so much nowadays and yet, you can hit 700 plus KM for your full tank....you really have an amazingly fast and fuel efficient car..hahaha..the faster u drive, the less fuel you use... really amazing...:bboyspin:..

Aiya talk cock in forum no need money, where got race? I only race in my dreams, don't believe? Ask my wife lor, she is always waken up by my racing engine sound... ... ... Korrrrrrrrr... Korrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Korrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :punk1:

Guest Andlee

SgLaKsa ]

Andlee ]

Oh yah air intake topic. Wow Gene your air intake mod very power man, wanna race in Sepang? Oops, me drifted to race again wrote:

Aiya talk cock in forum no need money, where got race? I only race in my dreams, don't believe? Ask my wife lor, she is always waken up by my racing engine sound... ... ... Korrrrrrrrr... Korrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Korrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :punk1:

Haha..yes man, Ben...we are like to talk nonsense in this forum..just to spice things up a little...see you at the dinner tommorrow man...take care.. :afro:

Guest Andlee

See you at Sgmerc D&D :thumbsup: Don't drive too fast hor Andrew :police: :D

No worries Ben...i drive like a granny under normal circumstance.... :clap: police will more likely stop for for raod hogging rather than speeding..hahaha