• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Suddenly, my car doesnt start...

Guest glenchia

Guest glenchia

Dear folks,

Was trying to start my car (c200) earlier after buying dinner, the car just wont start (engine didnt even crank when I turned my key to the right)...

There was no warning light and have called the Tow Truck to pick the car to the workshop...and now waiting back at home..

Sigh, just got the car for a month now and this breakdown happens...

Anyone here has any idea or shed some light that could cause the car to stall? ???

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kepiting1sg

Dear folks,

Was trying to start my car (c200) earlier after buying dinner, the car just wont start (engine didnt even crank when I turned my key to the right)...

There was no warning light and have called the Tow Truck to pick the car to the workshop...and now waiting back at home..

Sigh, just got the car for a month now and this breakdown happens...

Anyone here has any idea or shed some light that could cause the car to stall? ???

Thanks!

Or could it be a completely flat battery?

Couldn't be a flat battery or else U have to use your key to manually open the car door.

Did U check that the shift is in P - Parking mode before U crank your engine?

The engine will not crank in D - Drive mode.

Sometime I could be forgetful as such when I off the engine in D mode. ;D

Guest tategoi

The engine will not crank in D - Drive mode.

Sometime I could be forgetful as such when I off the engine in D mode. ;D

Haha it happened to me before. Its so malu that I will remember forever.

Guest glenchia

Hi Randy and Kepiting1sg

Thanks for the response, guys! Tried that over the phone with the mbm emergency hotline, but wasnt the cause.

Everything looks fine to me (instrumental cluster) till the point when I turn my key to the right to start the car but it was just turned silent (kind of disconnected).

Have told the Tow crew to pick up the car tomorrow morning since it already quite late now and kind of exhausted with the whole incident.

Am sure the car will be in good hands and hopefully some answers to appear. :pray:

Roger out for the nite.

Cheers.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Randy and Kepiting1sg

Thanks for the response, guys! Tried that over the phone with the mbm emergency hotline, but wasnt the cause.

Everything looks fine to me (instrumental cluster) till the point when I turn my key to the right to start the car but it was just turned silent (kind of disconnected).

Have told the Tow crew to pick up the car tomorrow morning since it already quite late now and kind of exhausted with the whole incident.

Am sure the car will be in good hands and hopefully some answers to appear. :pray:

Roger out for the nite.

Cheers.

Could be a faulty starter motor then or a loose connection?

With MBM U should be in good hands! :thumbsup:

Let's know the fault when your problem rectfied.

Relax Bro! Get a good nite rest!

Guest glenchia

Now that I can feel my car connected and alive!!! :clap:

Managed to get back my car on Monday evening from MBM... quite an experience for me to say for my first visit initially :'(

But after all said and done, it was narrow down to the connector module behind the start key. It was fixed by securing the connector module and ease the previous error message generated during the breakdown. Also done my first 1K servicing on the same day.

Thanks for all the replies and hope to catch up again in the upcoming GTG! :D

Guest kepiting1sg

Now that I can feel my car connected and alive!!! :clap:

Managed to get back my car on Monday evening from MBM... quite an experience for me to say for my first visit initially :'(

But after all said and done, it was narrow down to the connector module behind the start key. It was fixed by securing the connector module and ease the previous error message generated during the breakdown. Also done my first 1K servicing on the same day.

Thanks for all the replies and hope to catch up again in the upcoming GTG! :D

Nice to hear that your ride is OK! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to see you at this coming GTG!