• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Warm transponder

Guest mbc230avg

Guest mbc230avg

My transponder is warm when it is withdrawn after leaving it in the 'keyhole' for some time, even at position 0. Is this normal? What is the cause of this observation? Ty.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rayd8or

Yup, mine too.

I left the key in the ignition while washing the car and after about 2 hours, pulled the key out and felt that it was hot.

Hmm wondering why too...

??? ??? ???

Guest angela

Yup, mine too.

I left the key in the ignition while washing the car and after about 2 hours, pulled the key out and felt that it was hot.

Hmm wondering why too...

??? ??? ???

i wouldnt leave my keys in the car with no one inside.

in my other conti car, i left the keys in the ignition while washing it, only to find 30mins later, the doors all auto locked!!! i freaked out as my car was parked across 3 lots in the washing bay (at night 3am, i dun think no one gonna fight for space with me) and if i didnt move it by morning sure kena from the management.

after that i found that the only door that was unlocked was the drivers door. from that day onwards my keys stayed in my pockets the moment i left the car.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Actually, if you realised, when you slot the key into the keyhole, the instrument cluster will light up.

The immobiliser function in the key will connect with the car and the car recognises it, therefore it will "power" up.

So there is actually some form of electrical connection between both even without you turning the key. That explains the "warmth".

So there's nothing wrong with the key, no worries.... :)

As for the auto lock, when you unlock the car using the remote key, and you open the door and close the door after that, the car will not auto lock.

But if you press the 'unlock' button on the remote and did not open any of the doors of the car, it will auto lock.

Reason why it won't auto lock after you open the doors is that you may have left the keys inside. So its a safety feature.

Guest angela

As for the auto lock, when you unlock the car using the remote key, and you open the door and close the door after that, the car will not auto lock.

Reason why it won't auto lock after you open the doors is that you may have left the keys inside. So its a safety feature.

thanks. can i check if this feature is available for a stock W203 C180?

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Willy ]

Reason why it won' wrote:

thanks. can i check if this feature is available for a stock W203 C180?

Yes, it is a standard feature on all our cars now. The only way to lock ourself out is to put the key in the boot with the doors locked (unless you have keyless go then no problem).

Do try it out. Make sure to have spare key around.... hahaha.....

Guest angela

Yes, it is a standard feature on all our cars now. The only way to lock ourself out is to put the key in the boot with the doors locked (unless you have keyless go then no problem).

Do try it out. Make sure to have spare key around.... hahaha.....

if u press the lock button with driver door close, i believe all the other doors will lock too, just place the key inside, and close the door, Good Game liao.

yes i kena before. on my old W202... locked the door, left the key on my bag, and closed it accidentally. best of all. we were in malaysia and the extra key was in SG. no choice got the security guard to smash the glass and drove home from malacca without one window.