• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Recommendation for tyre and tyre shop pls

Guest sonnychann

Guest sonnychann

Need help from all the professors and pros here:

I need to change w203 tyres pls.

Any recommended tyres and tyre shops in the west or northwest would be greatly helpful.

I use south east tyres in kaki bukit currently for honda odessy but just too far to go back for rotation, nitro refill, etc, cause i live in kranji.

I have also been to autobacs in upper bukit timah, but they dont have much variety for 16".

Tyre wise, looking for comfort type rather than sports. Budget 1k - 1.5k.

thank you.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blackmercs

sorry if this is :offtopic: , but how much, if you guys do you guys pay, for the nitro refill?

Shld be 40 bucks for all round, free refill after that. If you change brandnew rims or tyres, ask for it, most of them willingly to give it as a package.

Guest Sareve

sorry if this is :offtopic: , but how much, if you guys do you guys pay, for the nitro refill?

Why would you need a nitro refill unless you're tracking your car?

Guest skipper

I got my Michelin PP2 at Southern Tyre Co, 6 Woodlands Road (opposite 10th Mile Junction).

There are not many tyre shops which use torque wrench to tighten the wheel nuts, this is one of them. They even ask you whether you normally drive with 2 persons or 4 persons in the car so that they can adjust your tyre pressure accordingly :clap:

Guest Sareve

I got my Michelin PP2 at Southern Tyre Co, 6 Woodlands Road (opposite 10th Mile Junction).

There are not many tyre shops which use torque wrench to tighten the wheel nuts, this is one of them. They even ask you whether you normally drive with 2 persons or 4 persons in the car so that they can adjust your tyre pressure accordingly :clap:

This is standard, you can even check the recommended tyre pressure for 2 passengers/4 passengers + luggage on the sticker located behind the fuel cap.

Guest lloyd

Need help from all the professors and pros here:

I need to change w203 tyres pls.

Any recommended tyres and tyre shops in the west or northwest would be greatly helpful.

I use south east tyres in kaki bukit currently for honda odessy but just too far to go back for rotation, nitro refill, etc, cause i live in kranji.

I have also been to autobacs in upper bukit timah, but they dont have much variety for 16".

Tyre wise, looking for comfort type rather than sports. Budget 1k - 1.5k.

thank you.

Try Yap brothers at paya ubi,tel:6841 2255. I suggest you call to check the *price* before you go down.

For $1500 and yours 16",i think you can buy Michelin PS2.Nitrogen air is included with the purchase.

Tell them Mr Tan recommended you.

Guest lloyd

Should be free for the first time if you purchase the tyres from the tyre shop.

And also free when you do tyre rotation.Compare to normal air,nitro normally won't lost air pressure.

Guest Sareve

And also free when you do tyre rotation.Compare to normal air,nitro normally won't lost air pressure.

I do not believe this is the case. The difference between nitrogen and normal air is that it does not expand as much when subject to high amounts of heat, perfectly ideal for tracking, but I see no immediate practical application related to normal driving.

Guest funng

lloyd ]

And also free when you do tyre rotation.Compare to normal air,nitro normally won' wrote:

Why would you need a nitro refill unless you're tracking your car?

Cause C&C put in nitro when i changed my tyres with them. now i'm just wondering how much i would need to pay if i had to refill.

Guest lloyd

Sareve ]

And also free when you do tyre rotation.Compare to normal air,nitro normally won' wrote:

I do not believe this is the case. The difference between nitrogen and normal air is that it does not expand as much when subject to high amounts of heat, perfectly ideal for tracking, but I see no immediate practical application related to normal driving.

If its free of charge,no harm pumping nitro since the tyre shop i patronize only got nitro.

Again if have to pay $20-$40 then forget it.

Most of the time i do drive normally.... but sometime :unsure: