• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Soon to "B" Classe Owner

Guest ratsgoh

Guest angela

Hi All,

I just placed my order for a B Class. Was impressed with the overall vehicle. Taking delivery Early May 09!

James

congrats bro! welcome to sgmerc!

izzit a b-turbo?

Guest ratsgoh

I got the B170, not worth paying 7-8k more for a mere 9% increase in HP. I heard installing a throttle booster will enhance the performance of the B170. Anyway, Sg how to drive fast?

Did anyone manage to find if it's possible to get the folding side mirror fitted anywhere?

Guest angela

I heard installing a throttle booster will enhance the performance of the B170.

if you mean the sprint booster, nope, it does not improve the engine / output performance of the car in any way except a quicker throttle response.

Guest knighthunter

This strange thing about B class, only B170 priced reasonably.

B170-200 9k more 24HP more and extra paddle shift the rest are the same

B170-200T 22k more 85HP more, paddle shift, sunroof the rest are the same (no auto aircon, no leather seat, no rear aircon vent, no electric powered seat)

Guest ripclaw

i think the folding side mirrors shoudl come as a standard. i mean, our parking lots are not THAT big so there's always tendency for some idiots to just walk past or try to squeeze through and hit the side mirrors.

hi everyone...im also a proud owner of b170...bought it sometime in nov08.

so far it has been a good n smooth ride but trying to add some mod to it :rockon: (like lowering the body, do up the interior, rims, etc) got a recommendation from a fren to MBM but hopefully someone can give me more recommendations to pimp up my drive. also what is the off-set for the rim? heard its quite tough to get a rim which can fit from those tyre shops. :laugh:

all suggestions will be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

wee

Guest ratsgoh

I think sillywilly is correct, its the sprint booster I reckoned. Anyway, I should be installing it to minimise the sluggishness of the car, at least for a start. Anyway, I forgot to thank everyone for welcoming me into sgmerc. Thank you. Actually I was pretty upset with the non-motorised folding side mirror, I thought this should be a "Standard" Mercedes should set to distinguish itself from the rest. Well..

I did some search on the web and the B class overseas are equipped with auto side mirror and power seats... Sigh..

Other than these few negative apsects, I still think the B170 is very attractively priced.

Guest ripclaw

i think power seats are not so impt esp for driver cos usually doesnt change. its the side mirror that gets me. where to get this sprint booster ah ? and where to install ?

also heard side mirror folding is an aftmkt option. can any bro comment?

Guest knighthunter

Finally got my car yesterday. The wing mirror is not foldable at all, anything hit this mirror will chip off shatterred....bloody bad design.

Guest kepiting1sg

i think power seats are not so impt esp for driver cos usually doesnt change. its the side mirror that gets me. where to get this sprint booster ah ? and where to install ?

also heard side mirror folding is an aftmkt option. can any bro comment?

For the sprint booster - U can call up MBM - 1 of our site sponsors.

Guest 777kenny

also what is the off-set for the rim? heard its quite tough to get a rim which can fit from those tyre shops. :laugh:

Offset is +52. Need a lot of effort to find nice aftermarket rims with this offset. But things should improve as W204 C-Class' rim offset is also +50-ish.

Rwy1.jpg

Guest ratsgoh

:punk1: WOW! Nice ride!!! :punk1:

I think we should all try to source for the electric folding side mirror.. I am sure if we all try, we should be able to find it somewhere.. Look at all those from Europe, all equipped, meaning there's potentially a market out there..

:swduel: :swduel: :swduel:

Guest Cklasse

I am sure you can change to folding mirror by changing the whole assembly but need to consider the wiring and switch part. There may be wiring already laid for all you know.

One place to check is Hup Soon Tat in Serangoon. Call them for pricing and stock. Tel 62947100

Guest ripclaw

finally got my drive today.....overall was impressed with the way they handled the handing over of keys, etc. the last time i collected a new car, it was in turf city even though i bought it from authorised distributor. sent car for paint protection immediately. ha...ks a bit. but i did the same thing for my old ride and it was very effective. shine still there even after 5 years. will post pics later....

finally got my drive today.....overall was impressed with the way they handled the handing over of keys, etc. the last time i collected a new car, it was in turf city even though i bought it from authorised distributor. sent car for paint protection immediately. ha...ks a bit. but i did the same thing for my old ride and it was very effective. shine still there even after 5 years. will post pics later....

Congrat :clap:

bro ripclaw u can try to use this site to upload your pics:

photobucket.com

cuz its easier to use, and the features there are really useful, like auto resizing, private albums, etc...n most of the guyz in this forum use this to upload their pics.

wee