• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How long do you have to wait for your parts?

Guest sonnychann

Guest sonnychann

Vehicle: W203, less than 3 y.o. 55k mileage.

Went to c&c to repair the followings:

1. Driver door handle. (Come off)

2. side mirror retracting switch. (Not working)

3. Rubber covering on outside in between the front and back passenger door. (rubber gone missing)

I am faced with the reply: currently no parts, or no correct color, so they have to be ordered. Waiting time 1-2 months. SR said the order has been made. 1&2 covered under warranty. 3 is not. Likely damage $200+.

Any experience like this. Thank you in advance.

I will post pictures soon to appreciate better.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sareve

This is pretty normal. I once had to have these little panels at the back of my car replaced because they fell off. The guy at C&C told me 2 weeks max. 1 month later, he hadn't called me yet, so I decided to call him and they HADN'T EVEN ORDERED THE PARTS YET.

Imo the side mirror switch can be repaired within a day and you should be able to get the door handle within 2 weeks. I suggest you try MBM if C&C is going to take so long. I believe you can buy parts from Ebay too, you'll often get them cheaper too.

Guest angela

my w203 waiting story...

6 months into the car, the centre console started peeling off its own paint, got some "Alzheimer skin disease" look, so took it back to C&C and the idiots there changed it into the newer one big compartment one which didn't even lock properly...

one kpkb later saying its under warranty + how can they give me this shit back when my original was 2 compartment + locking... waited about 1 mth for them to fly in the parts and replace...

"first class for cars" mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Guest Sareve

6 months into the car, the centre console started peeling off its own paint, got some "Alzheimer skin disease" look, so took it back to C&C and the idiots there changed it into the newer one big compartment one which didn't even lock properly...

Er you mean Eczema right? I think Alzheimer's is a disease which affects the mind.

Guest Cklasse

What is this door handle came off problem? My W203 has both front left and right inside door handle changed because they broke at the upper joint at the door.

I believe this is a problem with the door material not tough enough. If you always close the stiff door by pulling the upper part of the inside door handle, it will break in a matter of time. Always pull the lower part of the handle when closing door to prevent handle breaking.

Btw, changing the handle is fast, it's the waiting for spares and yes, it may take weeks, even at MBM. What I did was swing by MBM, get them to order the part and went back when it arrives. The handle cost $80 per piece.

Guest angela

What is this door handle came off problem? My W203 has both front left and right inside door handle changed because they broke at the upper joint at the door.

I believe this is a problem with the door material not tough enough. If you always close the stiff door by pulling the upper part of the inside door handle, it will break in a matter of time. Always pull the lower part of the handle when closing door to prevent handle breaking.

Btw, changing the handle is fast, it's the waiting for spares and yes, it may take weeks, even at MBM. What I did was swing by MBM, get them to order the part and went back when it arrives. The handle cost $80 per piece.

bro yap, is your door stiff? maybe its a problem with the pre FL models? i feel my door is kinda light compared with nissan... and ive been pulling the door close from the upper portion for 4 years, no problems yet... (maybe my hand big grab the whole piece and equal weight distribution) kekekeke

:D

Guest kepiting1sg

bro yap, is your door stiff? maybe its a problem with the pre FL models? i feel my door is kinda light compared with nissan... and ive been pulling the door close from the upper portion for 4 years, no problems yet... (maybe my hand big grab the whole piece and equal weight distribution) kekekeke

:D

I think it's a pre FL problem.

Miine happened last year to the driver side after 4 yrs+ probably I used the car less often.

Since no warranty, I got it changed at MBM.

No waiting for the part, MBM managed to get the part when I left the car with them for some other problem.

Another pre FL problem, the engine oil get's to the engine cable & map sensors.

Kelvin MBM told me it happened to 1 to 2 pre FL out of 10 cars.

I happened to be 1 of the unlucky ones - the damage near to S$3K for the engine cable replacement & 1 map sensor :death:

Those who have not encounter this problem, better see MBM to instal an additional adaptor to prevent this problem to happen. :pray:

Guest skipper

My driver's door handle came out last year (4-years old). The passenger's door handle came out this year (5-years old). If C&C knows this is a common problem, why don't they stock up on the spares? :banghead: