• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to prevent cockroaches and lizards from going into my new C-180?

Guest echodeltax

Guest echodeltax

Today I saw a super big cockroach going into my boot. I found it between the boot gap while opening the boot. That is when i realised that our C-class boot gap is actually quite big, so it was hiding there. Lucky there is a rubber lining inside so it could not crawl inside.

I really cannot stand these creepy crawly insects, how do we prevent them from getting into our car?? Is also very hazardous if they suddenly come and attack us while we are driving!!

Anyone has good ideas how to prevent cockroaches and lizards from going into your car??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. Don't eat in the car, not even packet food. I have an insulated bag in the boot for containing any ta pau food. Any spill will be confined in the bag.

I dont eat....or even smoke in my car even i am consider as heavy smoker.

Keep a small foam box at your boot for the 'Ta Pau'.

Guest echodeltax

9339 ]

Right. Don' wrote:

I dont eat....or even smoke in my car even i am consider as heavy smoker.

Keep a small foam box at your boot for the 'Ta Pau'.

i think for once smoking is good leh!! can smoke away the lizards and cockroach!! hahaha...

Guest angela

And have your car get infested by ash?!

ash can be vacuumed away or blown out when you drive over 80kmph with all 4 windows down, but i dun see much roaches getting this...

6118big.jpg

:devil2:

Guest angela

Anyone has good ideas how to prevent cockroaches and lizards from going into your car??

prevention as both cklasse and sareve said, is by not bringing food into the car which they will be attracted to..

but if they're in already... you can try to exterminate them by ->

1) Parking under the hot sun for 1 day. if it hits over 40deg inside, i think they'll either die or run away.

2) Get yourself a couple roach traps and put them under the seats. If the little bastards come back, they will eat the poison and carry it back to wherever they are coming from.