• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice on SLk

Guest jinko

Guest jinko

Hi bro & sis,

Currently contemplating a 2nd hand SLK200 and had a few questions in mind with regards to maintenance, availability of parts and workshop.

Browsing through the secondary market it seems that there is a handful of SLK from PI vs from C&C. And I have hear complains about PI cars not having the localised features/settings that of from the official distributor (i.e. C&C). And this consequentially leads to a few issues :

(1) Availability of parts and replacement from this PI car?

(2) Reported flaws/problem versus that from C&C

(3) Any recommended workshop besides C&C ?

I am quite sure brothers out there can understand where I am coming from especially you are considering the saving from PI and the cost that might potentially comes with it.

and i guess this forum is the best resource I can tap on.

Please advise.. Thousand thanks in advance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyseals80

hi!

welcome to sgmerc!

I have my slk for 3 months which is from a PI. warranty from MBM, a workshop in sin ming. So everything i just go there...

i did not save a lot of money by buying from a PI but rather I have a lot of options which comes in my car for eg: bi xenon lights, etc...

so far so good... maybe sglaksa can help u with it coz he also bought his from a PI and having it for quite a long time.

cheers!

Hi jinkopak oops i mean jinko, :welcome: to SGMerc.....

Not to worry about PI or AD as many of our members got their ride from PI with no Wty or Parts problem.

Only thing to look out is , you must get from a reputable PI with a reputable service center.

here are the link for you and hope you get your ride soon with the best deal.....

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=1681.0

Guest east539

yes, what 9339 said is correct & very important, if you want to purchase your ride from PI, must get from a reputable PI with a reputable service center. other than that a lot of issues might surface, but since you now at sgmerc & with all the advise from bro & sis, you should be ok.

Guest jinko

Hi guys, thanks for the quick reply. :iconsalut:

(1)But if I am looking for a 2nd-hand car, i reckon the only way to know the PI who brought in the car is to see the log card ?

(2) Besides, may i know does the warranty differ between C&C and a PI.?

(3) As far as i know it should be 3yr or 100k km if i am not wrong.

(4) Anyway to buy an extended warranty ?

Sorry for asking such noob question because this will be my first purchase of a continental car as I am currently driving a Jap car. Alot of things that I take granted for might be vastly different from that from a European car. Especially when it comes to warranty.

I know defintely it is a buyer mkt as some of you guys highlighted. But economically i think it make sense for me to buy a 2nd-hand one given that I plan to have kids 3 to 4yrs down the road. Buying a new car may not make sense at all.

and by the way, I have been reading through all the threads and can foresee the level of poison that I can succumb to :devil2: based on the limitless mods that some of the brothers out that been putting.. cant wait.... :bboyspin:

Hi guys, thanks for the quick reply. :iconsalut:

(1)But if I am looking for a 2nd-hand car, i reckon the only way to know the PI who brought in the car is to see the log card ?

I dont think there is this indication on the log card.

(2) Besides, may i know does the warranty differ between C&C and a PI.?

Yes,.....C&C cars wty by C&C, PI car wty By their Aurthories workshop.

(3) As far as i know it should be 3yr or 100k km if i am not wrong.

Yes, you are right.

(4) Anyway to buy an extended warranty ?

Nowsaday, many workshop do give extended wty, fee wise you might want to try contacting MBM where i service my car.

Poison ?

Meet us up for more if you are ready :devil2:

Hope i am in help....Cheers

hihi... mine is a PI.. but is WTY by C&C for 2 years...

Ok, lets put it easier......

All Marcilee are wty by D.C. thrus C&C as a AD in sg, in any case for wty claim, C&C will be the one who act as a center-man for all Marcilee in sg and follow up the claim to D.C.

Usually PI car will have a 2 years wty by D.C, / C&C and the 3rd year by the aurthorise workshop.

Guest jinko

Hi bro and sis. thanks for the quick reply.

One more question for the odler SLk 200 in 2004-2005

Is electronic seats and electronic side mirror an optional feature for this car ?

Pls advise as i have approached a secondary car dealer today and he told me it is only a feature for SLk 350 ? pls advise ?

Guest angela

jinko ]

Hi bro and sis. thanks for the quick reply.

One more question for the odler SLk 200 in 2004-2005

Is electronic seats and electronic side mirror an optional feature for this car ?

Pls advise as i have approached a secondary car dealer today and he told me it is only a feature for SLk 350 ? pls advise ?

hi jinko,

your answer can be found at this thread.

if you are looking at buying a 2nd hand slk, it depends on the specifications the original owner took. from C&C most of the seats and side mirrors are manual, only electric as an optional extra. but from p.i.' wrote:

Here's my case, I got my SLK200 from a parallel importer at $22k cheaper than C&C and thats not all, the OMV is much higher (almost $52k VS $40kplus) and it comes with much higher specs too (That's why my OMV is much higher because the cost of my SLK is higher as it comes with higher specs).

These are the higher specs which i got:-

Electronic seats both sides, steering wheel and folding mirrors. Thus, memory settings for all three mentioned. (Manual seats from C&C)

17" Mercedes Sport rims with 5 spokes. (Not the original one from C&C which is like a wheel cover)

Original Parktronic (Front and rear parking sensors with proximity lightings showing front and rear distances from objects, not locally installed type).

Steering wheel shift paddles. (Sporty gear shifting at steering wheel)

Remote control for the operation of Vario roof.

Draught-stop fabric.

International Warranty honoured by C&C. (Any major claim will be thru C&C too)

My PI told me that they can even arrange C&C to be my workshop for servicing and maintenance of my car. (I chosed not to because Paiseh to bring a PI car to C&C lah right???

Thus my SLK is more than $30k cheaper if i include the cost of all those extra specs (All Original Mercedes parts).

Maintenance and warranty by MBM. I think they are Professional, reliable and affordable.

Guest angela

OMG... is this 'SLK section' or 'History section'? Didn't know that my post still exist leh -O_O-

hahahaha, ben...

sorry ha, i got itchy fingers that like to dig up past sh*t all over the place... your post still stuck in my memory cuz of the good deal you got!!! cannot remove...

:bootyshake: :whip2:

Hi Ben, just to share... my OMV is S$54,135.00 ........ i bought on 30 aug 2005 from C&C..... never know that its only 40K now....

and yet I dont have these...

Electronic seats both sides, steering wheel and folding mirrors.

memory settings for all three mentioned. (Manual seats from C&C)

Original Parktronic (Front and rear parking sensors).

Steering wheel shift paddles.

Draught-stop fabric.

:banghead:

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi Ben, just to share... my OMV is S$54,135.00 ........ i bought on 30 aug 2005 from C&C..... never know that its only 40K now....

and yet I dont have these...

Electronic seats both sides, steering wheel and folding mirrors.

memory settings for all three mentioned. (Manual seats from C&C)

Original Parktronic (Front and rear parking sensors).

Steering wheel shift paddles.

Draught-stop fabric.

:banghead:

Hi Gene,

The $40+k OMV was in Nov 2007 when i bought my car, i dunno what's the OMV now as it fluctuates. Your OMV in 2005 was high man =)

Guest SgLaKsa

sillywilly ]

OMG... is this ' wrote:

hahahaha, ben...

sorry ha, i got itchy fingers that like to dig up past sh*t all over the place... your post still stuck in my memory cuz of the good deal you got!!! cannot remove...

:bootyshake: :whip2:

Hi William,

That showed one thing... your memory is damn good man =) :iconsalut:

Hi all,,

just curious, most slk drivers gender is man or woman ?

anyone do the survey be4?

thks all

Hi hi:) I'm a girl!

Hahaa..... You're a GIRL but driving SL.... not SLK. :tazzie:

Guest Sareve

JUN ]

Hi all,,

just curious, most slk drivers gender is man or woman ?

anyone do the survey be4?

thks all

Hi hi:) I' wrote:

hihi... you are so pretty :angel1:

Thanks Jun! You and Randy are so handsome too :3some:

hahaha,

dont understand the three handsome guys want to be known as pretty girl???

:bboyspin: :banghead:

Huh ! 3 ? No , only 1.....if i am a girl with my size.........sure become 'old virgin' :tazzie: