• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My C280 Dyno

Guest MB C280

Guest morganoh

Hi Bro,

Your stock HP seems very high...258? Thought the original specs is rated at 231 for a V6 3 litre...Maybe I am seeing wrongly.. :)

I did my dyno at ThiamSeng too.

They remove the Rims and connect the it directly to the dyno machine.

Was told it was more acurate, cos no need to factor in the HP lost on the Tires.

But its still not very Acurate cos theres still HP lost in the Gear Box Transmission.

So they roughly estimate theres a 20-30% HP lost and calculate backwards

If the Dyno at the wheels is around 200HP. by considering a 20% HP lost in the Gear Box,

so the Estimated HP will be 200 + 40 = 240 HP.

If guess , we will never know the real figures, not unless we remote the engine and dyno directly on the Engine,

Guest MB C280

overall the drive is good i think what i am happy about is the torque 60 Nm is very fun to drive when you need to do sudden pick up or over taking the power bent is wide best if you use the paddle shift to downshift to 3 rd gear

in singapore drive throw away the BHp torque is what you need

anyway iam happy what my saleman have recommed. $65 for 1Nm

Guest kepiting1sg

did not dyno the original data

original by factory 231Hp 300Nm

they give the paper after they done .

they siad they did 2 run

gain is 35hp 58Nm

Original factory specs of 231Hp 300Nm is at wheels or flywheel?

Your dyno charts description reads power & torque @ flywheel & not wheels!