• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help: How come Audio 20 cannot read MP3 CD?

Guest heavenknows

Guest heavenknows

Hi Everyone. I burnt a couple of MP3 CDs during the weekend and was happily going to listen to them. But when I popped the discs into the Audio 20 changer, I was given the message that the CDs were unreadable. Wondering why?? :-\

Is there any specific settings that I need to be aware of when creating the MP3 files? Like what compression ratio??

Is there a particular type of CD-R that I have to use?

Right now, each CD has about 70 songs on them. Is that too many?

Thanks... really appreciate any advise.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest holmiumz

mine no prob at all...the systems will show MP3...are you using CDR or RW? if RW then have to format first and burn again. Only can read mp3 files, it will nto read m4a (famouse itunes/apple format). Also can have for 100+ songs without problem, as long the CD fits. Btw jus in case, dvd n vcd are not supported :D :D :D

Guest angela

Hi Everyone. I burnt a couple of MP3 CDs during the weekend and was happily going to listen to them. But when I popped the discs into the Audio 20 changer, I was given the message that the CDs were unreadable. Wondering why?? :-\

Is there any specific settings that I need to be aware of when creating the MP3 files? Like what compression ratio??

Is there a particular type of CD-R that I have to use?

Right now, each CD has about 70 songs on them. Is that too many?

Thanks... really appreciate any advise.

hi heavenknows,

you're driving the W204 C180 am i correct? den you should be using the colour Audio 20?

Guest heavenknows

mine no prob at all...the systems will show MP3...are you using CDR or RW? if RW then have to format first and burn again. Only can read mp3 files, it will nto read m4a (famouse itunes/apple format). Also can have for 100+ songs without problem, as long the CD fits. Btw jus in case, dvd n vcd are not supported :D :D :D

I'm using CD-R (80min 700MB) disc. I actually had the files in m4a and converted them to mp3 before burning them to the CD-R.

Wah.. can squeeze 100+ songs ah!?! :afro:

Guest heavenknows

hi heavenknows,

you're driving the W204 C180 am i correct? den you should be using the colour Audio 20?

Yup, I driving the W204 C180. Sorry ah?? What's a colour Audio 20??

Guest heavenknows

Why dont you try to play those disc which you han burnt in other player to try.....

Still cant, come to our meet up this coming Sunday, try it in my player...

Hi, 9339.

I tried playing the CD on my laptop and it seems to be fine. :(

Sunday meet ah? Don't think can make it cos usually very very busy with family and church.

Why dont you try to play those disc which you han burnt in other player to try.....

Still cant, come to our meet up this coming Sunday, try it in my player...

Hi, 9339.

I tried playing the CD on my laptop and it seems to be fine. :(

Sunday meet ah? Don't think can make it cos usually very very busy with family and church.

Ok, try to make it, you can bring them along your family as many of our members also attended church first than make a trip down to Kallang.

Think the easiest ways is to test your CD in our car .

Hope to see you....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heavenknows

Hi!! Just a quick update to everyone.

I burned the MP3 CDs again using a 3rd party CD burning utility on a PC running Windows XP and it now works fine. Yippeee!! :punk1: Now I can listent to all my old songs in the car.

Previously, I used the Windows Vista native burning utility to burn the CDs and it didn't work so I'm wondering if there is a problem with the Vista program.

I do notice that the volume level is lower than when playing normal Audio CD or on FM Radio. Is that normal?

Guest angela

I do notice that the volume level is lower than when playing normal Audio CD or on FM Radio. Is that normal?

when you rip ur mp3 from ur CDs, your player may rip them and drop the noise level.

when u reburn them into a mp3 cd, your noise level will remain softer than other CDs... you can use various programs to increase it track by track.. i use adobe audition, but its a tedious process, especially if you have thousands of songs..