• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sunshade / Solar Film

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

Looking at my ride the front window is not as dark as the rear, as my SE not willingly to do the illegal tinting for me for the windows. End up now having two tone, looking from the side view of the ride. So went to search around and found one shop is the cheapest in Jurong area that can do all round for $400, as for the rest, two front window only asking around $200 to $400. For sunshade, this shop charge only $10 bucks. But most of the shop will do it FOC if you do all round or both front window panel.

Finally end up install the sunshade for $10, he quoted for the front windows only $60. Now thinking shld i take out all round and install the new one?? Not too sure abt the quality from this shop but highly recommended from another conti car forum as mine is the better quality from C&C.

Just curious, how many bros here have done up sunshade on their ride?

:unsure:

Guest echodeltax

Looking at my ride the front window is not as dark as the rear, as my SE not willingly to do the illegal tinting for me for the windows. End up now having two tone, looking from the side view of the ride. So went to search around and found one shop is the cheapest in Jurong area that can do all round for $400, as for the rest, two front window only asking around $200 to $400. For sunshade, this shop charge only $10 bucks. But most of the shop will do it FOC if you do all round or both front window panel.

Finally end up install the sunshade for $10, he quoted for the front windows only $60. Now thinking shld i take out all round and install the new one?? Not too sure abt the quality from this shop but highly recommended from another conti car forum as mine is the better quality from C&C.

What is "Sunshade"?? Are you referring to the top part of the main windscreen being tinted??

Guest blackmercs

What is "Sunshade"?? Are you referring to the top part of the main windscreen being tinted??

Yes those on the top of the windscreen.

Guest echodeltax

Yes i did my sunshade by C&C. It makes the car looks more sporty, like having "eyelids".... hehehe...

it feels quite thick patch when driving but is good cos blocks out the sunlight....it feels like when you lower your visor.

not sure what is the LTA requirement. Since C&C did for me it should be ok.

btw, i am driving C-180. :)

Guest blackmercs

Yes i did my sunshade by C&C. It makes the car looks more sporty, like having "eyelids".... hehehe...

it feels quite thick patch when driving but is good cos blocks out the sunlight....it feels like when you lower your visor.

not sure what is the LTA requirement. Since C&C did for me it should be ok.

btw, i am driving C-180. :)

Cool, as long as below 6 inches is within the LTA requirement. No worries, if fail just tear it out on the spot. :)

Guest echodeltax

I also noticed that a lot of Merc with tinted windows didnt do up their Sunshade. Maybe they have forgotten cos some cars originally already has the tinted Sunshade.

Lucky for me, i reminded my SE to purposely do the Sunshade especially for my c-class. Now i find my car more sporty!! Front some low angels, it feels like two-tone; like having the paranoma roof!! hehehe....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest darkavenger

Today blacken the 3rd brake light, thanks to darkavenger suggestion!! The effect is nice, see for yrself!!!

Now u see

Now u dont

swee swee bro! the rear is super fierce now!!!!! it actually look nice... i think the ass is really an acquired taste. :yumyum: